Delete OMVbackup folder

• A while back I tried to make a backup of OMV using the omv backup plugin, and it didn't work correctly. Now i'm not sure how to delete the resultant folder, which is located in one of the shared folders i created; shows. I have SMB access to it from Windows, but can't seem to delete it there either, it tells me i need admin permission. I'm very new to OMV, so while I can SSH and FTP into the system i'm not sure how to go about telling it to delete the folder.

Any tips?

• Offizieller Beitrag

A while back I tried to make a backup of OMV using the omv backup plugin, and it didn't work correctly.

I'm curious how you know it didn't work correctly?

Now i'm not sure how to delete the resultant folder, which is located in one of the shared folders i created; shows. I have SMB access to it from Windows, but can't seem to delete it there either, it tells me i need admin permission. I'm very new to OMV, so while I can SSH and FTP into the system i'm not sure how to go about telling it to delete the folder.

Yes, you can delete it but a lot of the files are owned by root. So, you won't be able to delete most of it via samba. The easiest way to find the directory is: locate -b '\omvbackup'

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It spit out an error halfway through. I've since reinstalled the system due to errors with plex. Now i'm just interested in how to delete the folder. What do i do with it once I've found it? I'm fine with deleting it via CLI instead of Samba, i just don't know how.

Also, the command 'locate -b '\omvbackup'' spit out a command not found error.

Appreciate the help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What do i do with it once I've found it? I'm fine with deleting it via CLI instead of Samba, i just don't know how.

Also, the command 'locate -b '\omvbackup'' spit out a command not found error.

Install the openmediavault-locate plugin from the web interface. Then run the locate command I gave you. Post the output.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Did a search for omvbackup in the locate plugin (I had no idea that plugin existed, it made this super simple).

Folder was found at /srv/dev-disk-by-label-NAS/Shows/omvbackup.

SSH'd in and ran 'rm -r /srv/dev-disk-by-label-NAS/Shows/omvbackup

Folder is gone.

Thank you!!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!