Using OMV in PROXMOX

• Hi!

I've little server with 1 SSD (250GB) and 1 HDD(4TB).

I've installed proxmox (pve) in 20gb of SSD (pve-root) and i've 180GB of SSD( pve-data).

I would like to know, what is the 'best' configuration that I must do if I want to use 3TB of HDD for "storage data in OMV" and 1 TB for 'data of other MV'.

Can any one help me please?

• Offizieller Beitrag

For OMV, create a 16GB virtual disk and put the rest of the 3 TB in another virtual disk.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't use either. I would format the 4tb disk with ext4 and add an entry to fstab. Then I would create a 3tb raw file on that filesystem.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I don't use either. I would format the 4tb disk with ext4 and add an entry to fstab. Then I would create a 3tb raw file on that filesystem.

Finally, I create lvm-thin volume with this disk and when I create virtual machine with OMV I give 3 tb of this lvm-thin.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!