WD Caviar Blue 1TB

• I am thinking about buying the HC-2 and putting OMV on it. I already have a WD Caviar Blue 1TB drive laying around not doing much. Would this kind of drive work well in OMV?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have no experience with this specific drive, but I used several drives in my HC2 without problems. So I think it will work well.

Is there any reason why you have concerns?

edit: actually I had one issue with my 3.5" drive. It did not always mount. I assume it is a timing issue. I added a mount -a as scheduled job. Since then it has been always mounted.

• I have no experience with this specific drive, but I used several drives in my HC2 without problems. So I think it will work well.

Is there any reason why you have concerns?

edit: actually I had one issue with my 3.5" drive. It did not always mount. I assume it is a timing issue. I added a mount -a as scheduled job. Since then it has been always mounted.

I was using a QNAP TS-110 NAS with a 1TB drive (I think it was Seagate), and about twice a year (For the past 4 years or so), the NAS would become unresponsive and I would have to manually reboot it. The data was all there. Then just this past year, I had to manually reboot it and then the NAS couldn't detect the hard drive inside. I had lost all of my data (I had copies of it elsewhere).

I don't want to go through that again.

• The drive will work just fine, until it stops working, of course. No one can really predict when that drive will fail. Typically, people use WD Red or other NAS hard drives for NAS operations because they're rated for more read/write cycles than Blue, Green, or Black WD drives (or whatever the equivalent in Seagate is; I use WD Reds). That's not to say the blue drive won't work, but I'd keep SMART monitoring on and check to make sure it's good every couple of months so you can swap it out if need be.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!