Attach rsync log to mail

• Hello!

Currently when the option "Send command output via email" is enabled on a rsync job, the entire log that rsync generates is sent as part of the mail body.
    The problem with this is that if the log is very large it will not send the email because it exceeds the limit. In Gmail for example, it's 25MB if I'm not wrong.
    Is there any way to compress the log and attach it to the mail instead of sending it as part of the body of the message?

• Is there any way to compress the log and attach it to the mail instead of sending it as part of the body of the message?

I have similar problems with USB Backup, where rsync is also used in the background. The log file gets so big, because every copied file is listed in the log file. If one has a reasonable count of files the log file gets to big for the mail provider.

I would also welcome a possibility to attach a file instead of copy it to the body. But this is not possibly as I´ve read above.

For my requests a summary of the rsync process would be perfectly adequate. For me the information which file was rsynced is not important, but the information that the overall rsync job was finished successfully.

Is it possible to configure the logging in that way? If not could this be implemented please?

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!