Homemade Nas

• Hi My English is so strong, that's why I use the Google Translator.

I would like to build my own server system with OMV4 in about 3 weeks. In the last 4 weeks I have dealt intensively with different software. They included Nas4Free, FreeNas, Rockstor, OMV3, OMV4, Debian Server Pure and Ubuntu with Webmin). For me OMV4 has found the greatest potential and my full attention.
    Imainly use Nextcloud (in the Docker with SQL Lite (currently on theoutside via VPN)), a media server (preferably Emby) or Plex, with the option to run at least 2 concurrent HD or 4K streams and file sharing, SMB/CIFS as separate network shares on 5 computers. Backup of all important data via USB backup every Friday and system backup via Acronis before and after every major change of the system. Snapshot, I'll probably test synonymous times. I have not thought about a raid yet.

Hardware:
    Asrock J3455-itx with Quad Core Celeron 1.7Ghz (about 10W idle), 2x 4Gb Ram,
    Thermaltake Core V1 Cube ITX Enclosure, 32gb ssd system disk and 4x 4Tb WD 24/7 Nas Hard Disks (these are currently running in a Zyxel NAS540). The 32Gb SSD Transcend TS64GMTS400S M.2 400S is connected to USB3 via a
    QUMOX M.2 converter adapter as only 4 SATA ports are available. I have not worried except the disks. I can also do without a hard drive because I've gotten into the habit of backup up my data externally. Thus, Raid 5 is out of the question. At that time I did not want to understand the meaning of a "backup" and misinterpreted it.

My questions:

1) Can I use a PicoPSU-90 12V DC-DC ATX mini-ITX 0-90W with a 72W power supply or should I use a small PC power supply (eg be quiet! Power Supply SFX Power 2 400W 12V Dual Rail BN227) to take?

2) Is the server system sufficient for my purposes?

Thank you very much for your help.

• Pico PSU ist sufficient for that system. I use a similar one.

If there is no transcoding involved, the system is OK. However if you need on the fly transcoding, you need much more CPU (GPU) power.

For your backup purposes have a look at the UrBackup plugin a well.

• Ich habe den Übeltäter gefunden. Wenn ich bei Transcodierung "Erlaube Untertitelextraktion on-the-fly" das Häckchen raus mache, funktioniert es.
    Wenn "Erlaube Untertitelextraktion on-the-fly" auf an ist,schmeißt er mich nach kurzer Zeit raus. Transcodiert er wenn das auf an ist oder nicht?

I found the culprit. When I turn the tick off on transcoding "Allow subtitle extraction on the fly", it works.
    If "Allow Subtitle Extraction On-The-Fly" is on, it'll throw me out after a short while. Does he transcode if it's on or not?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!