Crashplan Docker

• Hi, I am a newborn on the linux world. I am using the OMV4 for a couple of weeks now, to replace my personal windows 7 shares and also using on a rural community here. Well, on my personal Rig, i need to back it up to crashplan. As I am still a windows user for most of my stuff (gaming and lightroom editing). I've been using the "single user trick" to backup up mapped shared folders, but as the number of folders increase, that is not practical and also I need 2 devices on to backup things.

I've found this docker container here: https://hub.docker.com/r/jrcs/crashplan/

I've managed to pull it (at least I think so), but I do not know how to actually config it and make it run.

Can someone help me step by step?

thanks!

• I solved my backup needs several years ago.
    Each time I upgraded my notebooks or bought a new one with a too small disk drive I got a new spare 2.5" hard disk.
    I bought an USB enclosure and hooked it to my computers.
    The backup is run via rsnapshot (can also run on your OMV box). I rotate the media regularly and store media off premises.
    For backups where I do not need versions I just use rsync:
    rsync -avr --delete /home/rest/Gegenwart/zzdl/ /backup/rsdel/Gegenwart/zzdl

For syncing (redundancy) I use syncthing that keeps directories on my phones and computers in sync.

I also have a cold backup of my OMV setup (hardware) that is synced once a month via syncthing.
    Hardware is a single board computer: ODROID HC1/2 or XU4 with external USB-HDD, each about 200 EUR for 4-8TBytes capacity and 4 watt power consumption on average.

IMO both ways are easier to setup than a docker solution and work without a third party or cloud.

The former even protects against viruses and ransom ware and lets you conserve several versions of your past setup.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Crashplan changed the policy. I think Crashplan does not support the backup to local machine or remote private machine any more.
    https://www.crashplan.com/en-us/consumer/nextsteps/

I use Urbackup for client backup to the NAS and Duplicate for remote backup to the cloud via WebDav.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!