Docker GUI Guides for SabNZBD, Sickbeard, CouchPotato

• Hi all,

I recently did a fresh install of OMV 4.

I've noticed this thread here which has guides for Docker and plugins supported by it.

I usually use SabNZBD, Sickbeard, CouchPotato for my system so was wondering if there was some sort of guide for installing and configruing these three via Docker GUI?

Many thanks

• I don't think there are any guides for those three specifically. If Linuxserver.io has images for them, you can probably figure out the setup by referencing my thread. Their containers are basically all set up the same way, by forwarding the specific ports, specifying PUID and PGID, and mapping your config folder and the media/download directories.

The setup for SAB is probably identical to the one for NZBGet, and Sickbeard/Couchpotato are probably pretty similar to Sonarr/Radarr.

• I don't think there are any guides for those three specifically. If Linuxserver.io has images for them, you can probably figure out the setup by referencing my thread. Their containers are basically all set up the same way, by forwarding the specific ports, specifying PUID and PGID, and mapping your config folder and the media/download directories.

The setup for SAB is probably identical to the one for NZBGet, and Sickbeard/Couchpotato are probably pretty similar to Sonarr/Radarr.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm making a tiny bit of progress, but the only thing really stopping me is knowing which parameters and variables are available for SabNZBD

• Thanks for the reply.
    I'm making a tiny bit of progress, but the only thing really stopping me is knowing which parameters and variables are available for SabNZBD

The documentation available for every linuxserver docker provides all the information you should need. Have you looked there yet?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I've managed to do enough to download the container, configure it with basic settings, and get it up and running on MYOMVSERVER:8080

I can access it, and have configured it with my news provider and set up the folders.

I have an SMB shared folder on my server called ALL.

On previous versions of OMV, I would tell SABNZBD to download files to All\Downloads\
    Temporary files would go to All\Downloads\Incomplete
    The watched NZBs folder would be All\NZBs\

This is my volumes and mounts setup:

I was under the impression this meant that it would download the files to the locations as before.

Instead it downloads the files into the container itself, located at Dockerparms/SABnznd/config like so:

Is this guide what I need to go through, to get it working how I want?

Or is it not possible, and I've completely missed the point of Docker?

• Your volumes and mounts look OK so long as the SAB docker is running as a user and group that has write permissions to those Host Path folders.

Here's the part you are missing. In the SAB GUI you need to set the locations of the following directories in the Folders section:

You can ignore /dockerparams/config/Downloads and /dockerparams/config/Downloads/incomplete or you can delete them.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• Your volumes and mounts look OK so long as the SAB docker is running as a user and group that has write permissions to those Host Path folders.

Here's the part you are missing. In the SAB GUI you need to set the locations of the following directories in the Folders section:

You can ignore /dockerparams/config/Downloads and /dockerparams/config/Downloads/incomplete or you can delete them.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! @gderf

It's cracy how obvious that was, and how it needed someone else's eyes to get it working again.

Many thanks again, I just tested an NZB and it worked perfectly!

• I'm afraid I can't do it. I created the docker user as described, but I still can't change the paths in the GUI. I can't get to /srv/dev-disk-by-label/...

Which GUI are you talking about, OMV or SabNZBD?

--

• sabnzbd

You are making a mistake when you try to add a path such as /srv/dev-disk-by-label/... in a dockerized Sab because that is a Host path not a Container path.

Post a screenshot of your OMV Sab docker's Volume and Bind Mounts table. If the paths there are not fully visible, then write them out in your post too.

--

• You are making a mistake when you try to add a path such as /srv/dev-disk-by-label/... in a dockerized Sab because that is a Host path not a Container path.
    Post a screenshot of your OMV Sab docker's Volume and Bind Mounts table. If the paths there are not fully visible, then write them out in your post too.

• Your Volume and Bind Mounts look OK, so long as those Host paths exist and their ownership and permissions are such that the container can read and write to them as needed.

Now, in the Sab GUI you need to enter the proper Container paths. Did you read post #8 above?

--

• You are making a mistake when you try to add a path such as /srv/dev-disk-by-label/... in a dockerized Sab because that is a Host path not a Container path.

Oh, thank you so much. It's actually so simple.... I'm having a little trouble translating. Thank you very much for the thank you kick-off. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!