No more network but I got my usual IP

• Hi everyone!

On the beginning of the week, I started a new job so I turned off my omv-powered NAS. When I came back home, I couldn't access it remotely after turning it on. No network on the NAS' end, no web interface accessible, no SSH available. BUT I have my usual IP address on the NAS. I tried several DNSs without any luck.

If anyone has a solution, thanks in advance.

Please note my dad passed away last saturday, so as gifted as I usually am with computers, grieving might have made me do something I didn't realize was bad.

Thanks in advance.

• Rrrrrraaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

Switched the Ethernet cable with my Linux PC's, now my NAS is reachable, but not my Linux PC.

I guess I'll have to change the cable.

Thanks to anyone who read me and sorry for polluting the forum.

• Oh didn't realize it would help others. I'm glad if it does.

I replaced the cable and I can confirm that my NAS is now reachable and performs as well as it used to. Now why the cable stopped working is beyond me. There's no sign of wear or anything on it. It looks new.

I didn't mention it before but for about a week my connection was very unstable until it completely dropped with this cable failing.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!