CUPS Error under OMV4

• OMV 4.x
    • CUPS Error under OMV4

I had a problem adding a printer in the cups plugin so I thought I just do a reinstall.

After uninstalling it there was a error (cups not found or sthg like that) I did a check for updates and installed the latest omv updates, which prompted in an error (cannot recall what it said).

I reboot the system did a ckeck for updates - non found - and the system was running so I figured it may be ok after all??
      tried to reinstall cups now which gave me this error:

Source Code

1. Failed to execute command "blabla" with exit code100 E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem

so I did run that and got to a graphic screen which says I must run omv-initsystem to complete, so I did and now this comes up:

Source Code

1. root@HOME-NAS:~# omv-initsystem
      2. W: mdadm: /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf defines no arrays.
      3. W: mdadm: /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf defines no arrays.
      4. W: mdadm: /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf defines no arrays.
      I'm out of guesses what to do next - can anyone help?

OMV Version now is 4.1.8.2-1
      meet me and many other on overclockers.at :thumbup:
      hear my podcast (german) at get.started.at :!:
    • a closer examination of the graphic screen that appeared got me using the arrow keys so I was able to select "OK" at the bottom and confirm with enter
      the layout of that screen is not self explanatory it should be redesigned or at least added that you should use the arrow keys

now i could reinstall the cups plugin, but when adding a printer i still get:

Source Code

1. Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-cups-avahi 2>&1' with exit code '1': Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/sbin/omv-cups-avahi", line 298, in <module> files.append(genPrinterService(p, v, False)) File "/usr/sbin/omv-cups-avahi", line 120, in genPrinterService port_no = self.port NameError: global name 'self' is not defined
      what can be done?
      meet me and many other on overclockers.at :thumbup:
      hear my podcast (german) at get.started.at :!:

The post was edited 1 time, last by master_burn ().

• The cups plugin is not used by many and no one is maintaining it. I only added it to the repo because people reported that it worked on OMV 4.x. Sorry, my python is not good enough to figure out what is wrong.
      omv 4.1.8.2 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.8
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please read this before posting a question.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • master_burn wrote:

I just used it to enable apple air-print for my network printer - it was a nice feature but I can live without it
      There are dockers available for air-print (hub.docker.com/r/quadportnick/cups-airprint/). Maybe that would work for you?
      omv 4.1.8.2 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.8
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please read this before posting a question.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest