Odroid-HC2 woes

• I recently got an odroid-HC2 and installed OMV on it on a new Samsung SD card. I am using the power supply it came with from odroid.co.uk.

The system runs fine for 3ish days then it looses network connection. This can easily be fixed by removing and replacing the Ethernet cable but this is obviously not useful for a NAS device.

Other errors I have read on this forum related to similar devices seem to be power supply or sd card based but relate to the whole system crashing. My issue seems specific to the network itself.

The OMV logs give no indication of errors though one line seems to relate to a post I found via google about an issue with the USB driver.

Anyone aware of a similar issue and what the fix might be or should I return the odroid?

• should I return the odroid?

Only if you think 'The last thing I added to my setup always must be at fault' is good troubleshooting guidance.

You've problems with a network connection. A connection involves more than one point of failure. It's this new thing (HC2), it's a cable and it's the thing the cable plugs into (3 points of failure -- why are you thinking only about the HC2?)

• So, the reason I am thinking it is the HC2 is since replugging the cable fixes the connection, this implies somethings killed the connection and replugging it resets that - though yeah, could also be the cable so I shall try an alternative cable.

Here is the syslog when the connection dies:

For whatever reason the interface gets removed, which then causes nginx to go nuts as it can't host the OMV pages and then the rest of the log is full with nginx trying to recover. As you can see though, there is nothing unusual prior to avahi-daemon removing the address record (line 5) which is odd. Are there any other logs to look at other than syslog that might shed some light on this?

I've got a USB-UART bridge so can putty in that way and can see the system is still up, so its network specific this issue.

Ifconfig -a when the network appears broken gives:

Its then possible to fix the network connection (via UART) by bringing the interface down and then up. So, by running these two commands:
    ip link set dev enx001e06328264 down
    ip link set dev enx001e06328264 up

The log now shows:

Ifconfig -a now shows an IP address:

To be clear, I didn't disconnect the cable to fix this, I simply puttyed in via USB UART and brought the connection down and then up. By doing this, the OMV webpage comes back on line and the shared folders on the windows network reappears.

So, in my mind, something is causing the interface to fall over, but I've no idea what....

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!