Raid content not showing after upgrade from OMV2 - HELP NEEDED

• Dear All

Help needed here.

I have used OMV2 for years, recently upgraded to OMV3 due to an issue with the SSD boot drive of the server. I have one array (4TB Mirror) which is used to about 50%. However when loading the array and recreating the shares in OMV3 the shares look empty.

The Filesystem does show correctly the usage of the drives.

Any advice on how to go about this would be truly welcomed. Not looking forward to telling the wife that the family pics might be gone...

JG

• Offizieller Beitrag

However when loading the array and recreating the shares in OMV3 the shares look empty.

How do you recreate the shares? And how do you know they are empty?

Can you access the files using the CLI?

By the way, I would skip OMV3 as it is EOL and switch to OMV4 directly.
    It is recommended to disconnect the data drives during installation of OMV to avoid to install OMV on the wrong drive.

And if you really have no backup, it is about time to think about a backup strategy.

• I recently had this problem after going from 2.xx to 4.xx. I found that I hadn't set the share up properly under Services > Samba/CIFS just under Access Rights Management. Once I'd set up Samba I found all my stuff.

• Thanks Macom,

Here what I have tried:

- CLI: to my understanding the shares should be mounted in /Media, however the only subdirectory i find there is /CRDROM. I'm logged in to the console as root.

- Recreate the shares: What I have done.
    1.- Mounted the 2 drives and the Array - GUI(storage/Filesystems)
    2.- Created shared folders for each device - GUI (Access Right Management/Shared Folders)
    3.- Enabled SMB/CFIS, and created shares for each device, with usage permisisons (Public)

I can then access the shares through my Laptop, as SMB shares, but the folders look empty.

Thanks for the help in accessing the info.

JG

• Offizieller Beitrag

CLI: to my understanding the shares should be mounted in /Media,

On a fresh install drives are mounted in /srv/

2.- Created shared folders for each device - GUI (Access Right Management/Shared Folders)

When you create the shared folders, you have to select a device and then select an existing folder from the drop down menue in "path". Have you done like that?

• Macom,

Thanks a lot! Clearly user error, as I was not choosing an existing folder from the drop down menu, simple but important detail. I can access my files again, your help is really appreciated.

Now that the files are back, I'll make sure to make a backup, and upgrade to OMV 4.

Thanks again,

JG

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!