Offline when closing Explorer

• Hey there, I have a problem with the Connection to my OMV. I Installed it to a Rasp Pi 3b and use an external HDD.

I activated Samba and mounted it into my Network. but everytime I close/open my Explorer my Pi is not reachable anymore. The IP goes down for about 20 second. while running an IP Ping I see it going on an off...

If i open my Explorer and trying to open my Networkstorage and it goes down, i wait about 20 waiting for it to be reachable again, after that i can acces my folders again... closing my explorer causes that it goes down again...
    or I have to activate an IP Scaner to "reactivate" it... even I cannot login into the WEB GUI to reactivate when its down...

The version I installed is 4.1.8.2-1 (Arrakis)

don't know what to do...

I activated WOL but it didnt help... Any suggestion?

• Does your external HDD have its own power source? What's the rating on the Pi's power adapter? I had a similar issue a while back and it turned out that my Pi wasn't getting enough juice due to the power draw from the external HDD. I can't say my issue was exactly the same but it might be worth looking into.

• No it has no extra powersupply. It is an WD Elements 1TB with one USB 3.0 supportet USB Port.

I'm using an 2.5A Powersupply but not on the MicroUSB Port of the Pi, it's connected to The 5V and GND GiPO... the strange thing is: when i'm connected it works fine. but it feels like it's going down when the Networkconnection is "searched" over the Samba Protocol...

Sry for my bad English...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!