Added Drive to PowerEdge T20 defeats boot SSD

• I had a failed USB boot stick on my Dell PowerEdge T20. I obtained an SSD drive and installed OMV version 4.1.3 successfully. The T20 boots perfectly. Then I reconnect one of my HDDs and reboot. Instead of booting, OMV goes to initramfs on the command line. Says no init found. Thought it might be a hardware problem, but now I don't think so, since OMV is presenting the initramfs command line. Can anyone help me with this?????

In case anybody ever reads this, I solved the problem by resetting my SATA drives to ATA instead of AHCI in my bios. Afterwards, I was able to reconnect the storage drives and boot from my SSD.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von curious1 () aus folgendem Grund: Update

• I have exactly the same topic, OMV boots until i connect 3 of my drives and with the last one it give the same screen ..

I found the issue, simply i changed my grup entry since device was moved from /dev/sda to /dev/sdc ....

Solved for me.. simply I booted from the stick to find out my device name...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!