How to restore from backup

• Before upgrade to OMV 4.x, I created a back using OPENMEDIAVAULT-BACKUP 3.11. I can't find a method on how to restore from the backup. Does anyone have steps to restore?

I saw a lot of threads that just talk about not using it but hardly any that says how to restore from it if it is already done.

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Before upgrade to OMV 4.x, I created a back using OPENMEDIAVAULT-BACKUP 3.11. I can't find a method on how to restore from the backup. Does anyone have steps to restore?

I saw a lot of threads that just talk about not using it but hardly any that says how to restore from it if it is already done.

It is difficult to restore with the OMV 3.x version of the plugin. I highly recommend creating a backup of the system with clonezilla.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I understand that, at this point of time, I don't have many options as I've already created a backup using OPENMEDIAVAULT-BACKUP 3.11 and upgrade to OMV 4.x. So if there is a process available I'll try it hoping it'll work. If does not, then I have to start from a fresh install.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I didn't get the impression that you had already done the upgrade from your post. The general steps are here but they are not cut&paste steps. Are you having problems with 4.x that make you want to go back to 3.x?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Thanks, I'll try it out on a VM. Hopefully it'll work okay.

One question on the restore process: How do I boot SystemResuceCD.

My issue started after upgrade to OMV 4.x. More in this thread.

I installed OPENMEDIAVAULT-BACKUP 3.11 but it only gives me one option for backing. How do I get clonezilla or the new archiveFS backup?

• Offizieller Beitrag

How do I boot SystemResuceCD.

The same way you booted the OMV installer or you can add to your grub bootloader from the kernel tab of omv-extras.

My issue started after upgrade to OMV 4.x. More in this thread.

Personally, I don't think OMV 4.x is causing that issue.

I installed OPENMEDIAVAULT-BACKUP 3.11 but it only gives me one option for backing.

That is the OMV 3.x version. The OMV 4.x version only works on OMV 4.x and the version is 4.0.1.

How do I get clonezilla

You boot the clonezilla disk or you can add the clonezilla iso to your grub bootloader from the kernel tab of omv-extras.

the new archiveFS backup?

fsarchive is only an option for OMV 4.x.

• fsarchive is only an option for OMV 4.x.

I don't see fsarchive on OMV 4.x. After installing the extra's for OMV 4.x, I only see OPENMEDIAVAULT-BACKUP 3.11. I am missing anything? I am planning to setting up a new server and want to be plan it better than my current setup. I am looking at taking a backup both via fsarchive and clonezilla. I found clonezilla installation option under OMV-Extas > Kernel.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't see fsarchive on OMV 4.x. After installing the extra's for OMV 4.x, I only see OPENMEDIAVAULT-BACKUP 3.11.

Within the backup plugin you can select the method to use. One of it is fsarchiver. Others are dd and rsync.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't see fsarchive on OMV 4.x. After installing the extra's for OMV 4.x, I only see OPENMEDIAVAULT-BACKUP 3.11. I am missing anything? I am planning to setting up a new server and want to be plan it better than my current setup. I am looking at taking a backup both via fsarchive and clonezilla. I found clonezilla installation option under OMV-Extas > Kernel.

You need to enable the omv-extras testing repo.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!