Replaced a disk with Snapraid -> Cannot access the files afterwards?

• Hello everyone! I really need some help. ;)

I replaced a 3TB (data) disk with a 6tb disk using snapraid.

Procedure:
    -mounting the 6tb disk with a new name in omv
    -using the same name in snapraid as before
    -updated snapraid config
    -run snapraid fix

Took about 9 hrs for ~2,2Tb - everything seems fine. Snapraid status ok. All data was restored and is correctly shown with size & timestamp.

However I cannot access a single (recovered) file! Depending on the program that shall open the file it varies from "cannot find", "bad file descriptor "no access rights" "used by another program"....

Any ideas or do I have to change the disks back?

• Did you follow the recovery directions in the SnapRAID manual exactly

http://www.snapraid.it/manual.html

See section 4.4 Recovery

Also see section 3 Limitations:

* Only file, time-stamps, symlinks and hardlinks are saved. Permissions, ownership and extended attributes are not saved.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thanks for the fast response! And especially thx for the hint.

I also thought that this could be somehow permission related. So I created new shares. Unfortunately with the same result.

--> Digging a little bit deeper I found an omv extension called "resetperms" and this did the trick. After overwriting the permissions for my shares I now have access rights. :)

Now I just have to figure out how to configure it correct again.

• The plugin "openmediavault-resetperms 3.3" also helped me a lot with some shared folder permission problems.
    E.g. When I deleted a file or folder and recovered it with snapraid. Snapraids undelete function worked fine, but the problem was that I could not modify the undeleted file.
    With resetperms I can reset the file permissions on the shared folder and after that I can modify every file.

• The manual describes the CLI commands. Unfortunately I have difficulties to do the same in the openmediavault snapraid plugin.
    For example, when want to replace my data d1 disk, how do I "change" in the GUI of the omv plugin?

Do I EDIT the existing data d1 and chose a new disk for it (/mnt/new_spare_disk/)?

Or do I ADD a new data d1 disk? (And if so, at which point should I delete the old data d1?)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!