Permission / user issues and syncthing/plex

• So syncthing downloads files to a folder called finished. I then use filebot on my windows PC ( where I have my omv box mounted with a drive letter) to move and rename the show.

Syncthing syncs the file to the Finished folder it gets written with 0640 permissions.. unless i change it to 0644 permission plex won't see the file... this used to work fine. I'm not sure if syncthing started writing the file with different permissions or if plex stopped being able to read them...

Do I need to add syncthing or plex to some group? I'm not sure what changed recently.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You could probably add the plex user to the "users" group.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

So plex doesn't have its own user under users in the OMV GUI.. Do I need to add one?

sudo usermod -a -G users plex should work

Should I give Plex user read only access under ACL? Should I set permissions recursivly?

I hate ACLs and don't use them.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

DIdn't work. Still have to change permission on the file to give others read access

Then the files aren't owned by the users group. You should add the plex user to whatever group owns the files.

• Then the files aren't owned by the users group. You should add the plex user to whatever group owns the files.

Group is users, owner is Phil

When i did

Code
    grep group /etc/group

it says plex is part of users group. It still doesn't work unless I do 644 or 640 for permissions. Do I need to reboot or reset permissions after adding plex to users?

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

It still doesn't work unless I do 644 or 640 for permissions.

If the permissions were 600, that would make sense.

Do I need to reboot or reset permissions after adding plex to users?

Yes in order for the plex user to know about the new group. Existing processes aren't told about the new group.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!