Removing Docker plugin

• Hey there,
    since my Docker images did not run on the openmediavault-docker-plugin I decided to install it from official repos.
    Therefore I did not touch OMV and just installed it via apt-get an everything worked fine.

Now I want to remove the openmediavault-docker-plugin but the remove process fails.
    I thought it could be a problem that two instances of docker are running and so I removed my installed one.
    But again, it wont work.

Can you help please?

The error after opening the "half-removed" plugin:

Code
    Fehler #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: RPC service 'Docker' not found. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:99
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Docker', 'getDockerRepo', Array, Array, 1)
    #1 {main}

I also took a look in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml but the plugin is not listed there anymore.

With best regards
    LouBen3010

Edit:
    I also tried subzeros trick with: rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-docker-gui.postrm and then purge the plugin, but it still persists.

Edit 2:
    I'm just asking because I want to move the /var/lib/docker folder which is not possible, because /var/lib/docker/openmediavault is blocked by engined (I guess).

• A little bump:

I just want to know, how to remove the plugin from the web interface.
    In some part of OMV there is still a registered extension or whatever which loads the entry at the plugins and thus tries to "bind" /var/lib/docker/openmediavault.

When I can remove this, then my issue is solved.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Read problem #1 from Solutions to common problems

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• That can't be true.. I'm searching and searching in the git for the Plugin locations and then is this problem my damn browser cache?
    By the way: I deleted it in Chrome and it still appears. Firefox and Opera indeed are workin' fine.
    I think a re-installation solves my issue completely.

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you know why /var/lib/docker/openmediavault is still busy?
    I am not able to delete this folder and therefore I think, it's still running.

Uninstalling the plugin/docker must not kill the running containers? Reboot should help.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• It did not help..

But I found the solution:

Code
    umount /var/lib/docker/openmediavault && rm -rf /var/lib/docker/openmediavault

Don't know why this folder has been a mounting point for a plugin which does not exist anymore.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Don't know why this folder has been a mounting point for a plugin which does not exist anymore.

The plugin doesn't create/mount it. Docker does that. Is the docker package still installed?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!