i am using omv4 latest official build for odroid-xu4
    im facing jittery uploads on FTP and constant 25MB/s uploads on SMB
    downloads are perfect 110MB/s
    tried iperf and its fine
    hdd benchmark is all fine too

on omv3 never faced such issue

i'm attaching GIF files for FTP and SMB
    here's the log

• This is your storage. Slow as hell if that's also sda.

same test from my ubuntu VM

Code
    bonga@ubuntu:/media/bonga/nas$ sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=tempfile bs=1M count=1024 conv=fdatasync,notrunc
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB, 1.0 GiB) copied, 9.77713 s, 110 MB/s
  • Sorry, no idea what you're doing. To be able to help please provide output from 'sudo armbianmonitor -u', then check the mountpoint of your sda partition, do a 'cd /path/to/sda1' and provide output from

Code
    iozone -e -I -a -s 1000M -r 128k -r 16384k -i 0 -i 1

here's the armbianmonitor -u log LINK
    and here's the iozone out
    strange it shows 19-23 MBs
    benchmark the same HDD with NTFS it shows above 110 MB/s on Windows

• Here's the armbianmonitor -u

Code
    /dev/sda1 /sharedfolders/downloads btrfs rw,relatime,space_cache,subvolid=5,subvol=/root/downloads 0 0
    /dev/sda1 /sharedfolders/nas btrfs rw,relatime,space_cache,subvolid=5,subvol=/root/nas 0 0
    /dev/sda1 /sharedfolders/root btrfs rw,relatime,space_cache,subvolid=5,subvol=/root 0 0
    /dev/sda1 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-nas btrfs rw,relatime,space_cache,subvolid=5,subvol=/ 0 0

The disk is mounted several times? Oh, is this a bus-powered Seagate USB3 disk?

Code
    [    8.757964] scsi 0:0:0:0: Direct-Access     Seagate  Expansion        9300 PQ: 0 ANSI: 6

If yes, I'm out (consider these things unreliable crap)

benchmark the same HDD with NTFS it shows above 110 MB/s on Windows

So you constantly reformat the disk and switch between Windows and Linux?

Anyway, the numbers are as they are. I doubt that you run Windows on your ODROID-XU4 (so you're comparing different hardware setups) and for me personally it's not worth the time to diagnose problems with USB3 Seagate disks (or bus-powered disks connected to XU4 in general, I consider this board a problematic NAS choice unlike ODROID HC1 and HC2)

Somewhere in this thread Building OMV automatically for a bunch of different ARM dev boards you'll find me testing with XU4 and a underpowered 2.5" disk that shows low performance. Too lazy to search for on my own...

Edit: usually it's about undervoltage and I should really stop trying to help with crappy hardware setups since it's just a waste of time...

• it used to be NTFS before

Then I would suggest testing with another Linux host or reformatting with NTFS again and testing with Windows (and not with 2 USB hubs in between, the XU4 has already one internal hub). Anyway: poor storage write performance is the reason for poor NAS write performance and 'jitter'. A long SMART selftest is also a good idea.

As a reference: Building OMV automatically for a bunch of different ARM dev boards (performance sucks when drive is undervolted)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!