Deleted files/folders keep coming back

• Hi all,

I have a mounted SMB on my linux box and have copied a bunch of files from my local machine to the mounted OMV share.
    I then tried to delete a folder and its contents and it disappeared. When I re-enter or hit refresh though, the folder and files appear again.

What could this be and how can I rectify it as I'm trying to cleanup a massive set of files / folders?

EDIT: I do have full read / write permissions on all folders / shares. I know this as I double checked and I copied those files to that share.

Thanks so much...

EDIT: if I connect via OSX I can delete files and folders. If I connect via Ubuntu I can't. Same user account on both machines. Does that help identify the issue?

• I have the same issue here. Manually stopping and starting SMB service in gui helped.

Is there any conclusion about reasons? I have invested a large amount of hours...and I dont want to run into the same issue again :(

cpu Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz
    omv 6.9.13-1 (Shaitan)

kernel 6.1.0-0.deb11.11-amd64

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't have an answer because I can't replicate this issue, but I do have a question.

In your SMB config, do you have the recycle bin turned on?
    I don't (the recycle bin is off). When I delete files with a user that has write access they stay deleted.

• In your SMB config, do you have the recycle bin turned on?
    I don't (the recycle bin is off). When I delete files with a user that has write access they stay deleted.

No, the recycle bin was turned off. I will try to investigate upon this hint. Lets see what we get. Keep u updated...

cpu Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz
    omv 6.9.13-1 (Shaitan)

kernel 6.1.0-0.deb11.11-amd64

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!