Errors and Network loss every 3-5 days.

• I have just started having problems with my OMV unit. About every 3-5 days, my unit goes into a continuous loop of "[132348.0588899] (or any set of numbers) Watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#(any number from 1 13) stuck for (22 or 23)s! " . . . Some say Plex Media Serv:(set of numbers) or docker containe:(a set of number) . . . Has anyone ever seen this issue before? If so, do you have any remedies or will OMV-Firstaid . . . Any help to fix would be appreciated. I have a custom AMD Ryzen 1800X with 32gb RAM and 5 WD Red 4TB HD in OMV software RAID6 on Asrock x370 Tachi Motherboard . I am running the OMV program on Linux 4.14 kernel (Version 4.1.8.2-1 Arrakis) and it is an ethernet connection to a Xfinity Router

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you google the actual error rcu-sched detected stalls on cpus/tasks there some answers, particularly one on unix stackexchange, the specific error 'could' point to a possible future hardware failure.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• Hi,

I've the same error and can't find the reason why.
    System hangs after 3-5 days and no hint (at least I can't find them) in the logs.
    Hardware is also a Ryzen (1700) with 16GB RAM and so on. I also installed and use Docker.

MY server was previously running proxmox and debian without a problem.
    So for testing purpose I installed also the proxmox kernel but with the same results.

Can someone show me a way to track this down ?

FYI
    Here seemed the system to hang

THX

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!