Unable to connect

• Good afternoon all!

I'm very new with OMV but I am well versed in linux, so hopefully this can be figured out quickly. When I was searching for a NAS solution and discovered that OMV I could install on top of Debian I was thrilled ( I used this thread https://openmediavault.readthe…stallation/on_debian.html )! Once installed and configured (used this walk through

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    ) I tried to connect with both my son's Windows box and I also tried with my Gentoo box (pcmanfm) without any success. Actually, Windows explorer doesn't find the networked folder. I opened up the port requested and turned off the firewall in my router still with no success. I can ping the machine from both systems so I'm not too sure where to go from here. Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Since your Gentoo box didn't find the share(s), something might be wrong with your shared folder or SMB share.
    **And note there are numerous guides out there that skip relevant details. Between what they say to do and what you may have done, at best, idle speculation is about all anyone on the forum could provide.**

Take a look at this guide.
    Start at the post installation processes on page 26. To be thorough, this might be the best place to start.

Or, if you think the problem may be related to the way the share(s) is set up, that process begins on page 42.

(Setting the Gentoo box aside:)
    If the clients you're using are Windows 10 or versions of Windows 8, take a look at this -> Windows 10

• Thanks mate, your response is much appreciated. I'll give that a look tomorrow since I'm extremely hung over today. I do think you're correct, I'm pretty sure the shared folder is giving me the error. I'll update this thread once I figure out the issue, thanks again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!