RPI dependency issues with latest php7.0 7.0.30-0+deb9u1 (and their dependent packages)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess I will have to find an rpi.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• This is... ugly but seems to have worked.

apt-get install php7.0-common=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 openmediavault openmediavault-flashmemory openmediavault-netatalk openmediavault-omvextrasorg php-bcmath php-cgi php-fpm php-mbstring php-pam php-xml php7.0-bcmath=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-cgi=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-cli=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-fpm=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-json=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-mbstring=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-opcache=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-readline=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-xml=7.0.30-0+deb9u1

Basically, I started with a forced version of php7.0-common, said 'no', got the list of packages that would have been removed and tossed them in with forced version on all the php7.0-* packages. This could probably be pared down to just the php7.0 packages.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess I will have to find an rpi.

This is... ugly but seems to have worked.

That is fine too. You are just overriding the pinning by specifying all the dependencies.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• This is... ugly but seems to have worked.

apt-get install php7.0-common=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 openmediavault openmediavault-flashmemory openmediavault-netatalk openmediavault-omvextrasorg php-bcmath php-cgi php-fpm php-mbstring php-pam php-xml php7.0-bcmath=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-cgi=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-cli=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-fpm=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-json=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-mbstring=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-opcache=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-readline=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-xml=7.0.30-0+deb9u1

Basically, I started with a forced version of php7.0-common, said 'no', got the list of packages that would have been removed and tossed them in with forced version on all the php7.0-* packages. This could probably be pared down to just the php7.0 packages.

Sounds like a plan.

There is one question remaining: After this forced installation of the packages, are many others like Python, libraries, ... marked for "auto-removal" at next "apt autoremove"? That was reported on my system: Link to Post

So with next "apt autoremove" after this workaround, there would be a big hole in the system? ;(

• Had to add from your list some packages like "openmediavault-docker-gui" or "php-curl", as they were on the "will be removed"-list. So looks like it is always a bit different for each installation:

Code
    apt-get install php7.0-common=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 openmediavault openmediavault-flashmemory openmediavault-netatalk openmediavault-omvextrasorg php-bcmath php-cgi php-fpm php-mbstring php-pam php-xml php7.0-bcmath=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-cgi=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-cli=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-fpm=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-json=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-mbstring=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-opcache=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-readline=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 php7.0-xml=7.0.30-0+deb9u1 openmediavault-docker-gui php-curl php7.0-curl=7.0.30-0+deb9u1
  • Just found out, that there is a thread, similar to this here with more people having trouble and another approach: Link to Post

The following lines are causing the php packages to pinned at 10 in /etc/apt/preferences.d/99raspberrypiorg which won't let them be upgraded.
    Package: *
    Pin: release n=stretch, origin archive.raspberrypi.org
    Pin-Priority: 10
    Not sure why. I commented them out and everything upgrades fine but you risk installing packages from the raspberry pi repo (raspbian). Those lines look fine to me but the origin is being ignored. I will have to figure out why.

commenting out the lines and using an apt-get upgrade seems to do the job. However lot of packages are updated, makes me feel a bit worried, that it might be "too much".

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just found out, that there is a thread, similar to this here with more people having trouble and another approach: Link to Post

Yep, I was posting on that one too. I just need to figure out the right pinning line since this is the problem on both of these threads.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Change the following lines in /etc/apt/preferences.d/99raspberrypiorg

from Pin: release n=stretch, origin archive.raspberrypi.org

to Pin: release o=Raspberry Pi Foundation,a=stable,n=stretch, origin archive.raspberrypi.org

or just use this command:

sudo sed -i "s/Pin: release n=stretch, origin archive.raspberrypi.org/Pin: release o=Raspberry Pi Foundation,a=stable,n=stretch, origin archive.raspberrypi.org/g" /etc/apt/preferences.d/99raspberrypiorg

• Offizieller Beitrag

However lot of packages are updated, makes me feel a bit worried, that it might be "too much".

What is a lot? If they are all php7.0 packages then that makes sense. php7.0-curl 7.0.30 requires php7.0-common 7.0.30 which then upgrades the rest of the php7.0-* packages.

• luckily i still have the log. Looks a bit more than just PHP:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can this be enrolled to all RPi installations somehow?

It would have to be in an omv-extras package update. I was looking at a good place to put it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This issue affects the omv-extras repo pinning as well. So, people have two options:

apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault-omvextrasorg=4.1.9

-or-

wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | bash

• Offizieller Beitrag

even though it is just somehow a walkaround. However it feels to be solid enough.

Installing the new version of omv-extras isn't a workaround. It is the proper fix. Unfortunately, the pinning problem also prevents omv-extras from being updated from the web interface.

• Installing the new version of omv-extras isn't a workaround. It is the proper fix. Unfortunately, the pinning problem also prevents omv-extras from being updated from the web interface.

Hmm... that would justify touching again the OMV4 image for RPi and fixing the apt pinning in the first place? I'll have a look whether I have the SD card with the image still somewhere. Can adjust the file but not test (no RPi around any more).

• Offizieller Beitrag

that would justify touching again the OMV4 image for RPi and fixing the apt pinning in the first place? I'll have a look whether I have the SD card with the image still somewhere. Can adjust the file but not test (no RPi around any more).

If you want to. I can test but it is such a small change that I'm not too worried.

• I can test but it is such a small change that I'm not too worried.

Not worried either since this is the only change. But just to be sure at least booting of the image should be confirmed: OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus.img.xz

Do you take care that pinning also gets fixed when upgrading from OMV 3 to 4 with the RPi image? I believe we already talked about that but back then with the wrong outcome?

• Offizieller Beitrag

But just to be sure at least booting of the image should be confirmed:

I will test it later tonight when I get home (unless someone else does it first).

Do you take care that pinning also gets fixed when upgrading from OMV 3 to 4 with the RPi image? I believe we already talked about that but back then with the wrong outcome?

If the 3.x image has the same pinnings as the 4.x image (don't remember), then the user will have to fix those pinnings. Pushing a new release of the 3.x version of omv-extras will require manual installation of omv-extras otherwise.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!