Several failures on successfull fresh installation

• OMV 4.x
    • Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Several failures on successfull fresh installation

I managed to install OMV4.1.3 onto a 40GB SSD connected via SATA and my RAID6 is already recognized in the GUI. However, the GUI shows several issues. I attached two screenshots, one from when I was trying to add a share and another one from trying to add a user. A third one is from when trying to shut down the OMV.

Also, I noticed a main difference: After saving changes I no longer have to update the site. I was running OMV 2 before and suspect this to be normal, right?
      Images
      • Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-17 um 15.36.54.png

91.58 kB, 1,612×954, viewed 75 times
      • Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-17 um 15.42.54.png

109.83 kB, 1,094×608, viewed 63 times
      • Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-17 um 15.56.15.png

22.25 kB, 919×542, viewed 50 times
    • As already mentioned, clear browser cache will solve the issue.

How can we reproduce error from screenshot 1 (the shared folder query error)?
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • Actually, I read the issue list by accident in the last days, already, but could not make a connection between my errors and "missing fields and/or items showing that have been uninstalled".

Browser on different machine worked fine already.

Shared folder error does not come up any more in fresh browser. However, it came when trying to "add" shared folder and then pick a device. Now, no device is listed. I suppose listed devices should be the ones from filesystems, in my case /dev/md127 (and (/dev/sde1 but that is the operating system).
    • bvrulez wrote:

Shared folder error does not come up any more in fresh browser. However, it came when trying to "add" shared folder and then pick a device. Now, no device is listed. I suppose listed devices should be the ones from filesystems, in my case /dev/md127 (and (/dev/sde1 but that is the operating system).
      Only mounted filesystems (except the root device containing the OS) are listed there.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit