Add LSI SMI-S Provider to OMV

• Hi Folks,

I virtual OMV in VMware and map an RDM of my LSI 9260-8i RAID card to OMV. This has worked extremely well since I started using OMV a couple years ago.

I upgraded VMware to 6.5u2 and cannot get the MegaRAID Storage Manager working. MSM runs on a remote host then connects to an SMI-S driver on another host with the LSI RAID card. The host with the RAID card can be VMware, Windows or Linux.

With that said, I may change my configuration and passthrough the LSI RAID card to OMV. I know this also works well, but if I do this I need to install the SMI-S driver. Here's my question.

Can the below Linux SMI-S provider be installed on OMV 4.x? I am not a Linux admin so I am seeking advice. Thank you! -John

----------------------------

Prerequisite for MegaRAID SMI-S provider installation

=====================================================
    The MegaRAID ® StoreLIB application which is used by MegaRAID SMI-S provider depends upon two standard libraries libpci and libsysfs.
    Please ensure that these libraries are present in the system before installing MegaRAID SMI-S provider rpm.
    MegaRAID SMI-S provider will not function without these two standard libraries. The minimum versions required are:
    - libpci version 2.2.8
    - libsysfs version 2.0.1

For your convenience, libsysfs is available in the rpm <Lib_Utils-1.xx-xx.noarch.rpm> and libpci is refered from the system libraries.
    <Lib_Utils-1.xx-xx.noarch.rpm> is packaged in the MegaRAID SMI-S provider zip file.
    To install the <Lib_Utils-1.xx-xx.noarch.rpm>, please follow below steps.

1) unzip the MegaRAID SMI-S provider package .
    2) To install the Lib_Utils RPM, run the command "rpm -ivh <Lib_Utils-1.xx-xx.noarch.rpm>"
    3) To install the MegaRAID SMI-S provider RPM, run the comand "rpm -ivh <lsi_mr_hhr-xx.xx-xxxx-rhel5.i386.rpm>

Note:
    If the Lib_Utils RPM is already installed on the target system, the step-2 mentioned above fail with error message.
    "package <Lib_Utils-1.xx-xx> is already installed", in that case continue with MegaRAID SMI-S provider RPM installation as in step-3.
    Minimum version required for Lib_Utils is Lib_Utils-1.00-09

Prerequistes for DSA:

======================
    1.LSI_MR_CONF file should be placed in "/etc/lsi_mr" directory and LSI_MR_CONF file should be updated with the location of "lsi_mir" directory.
    2.lsi_mr.conf should be placed in the "lsi_mir" directory.

Note:
    Files "lsi_mir" and "LSI_MR_CONF" are being delivered as part of the package.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You posted instructions on installing the package for CentOS/RHEL/etc. Are there instructions for installing on Debian or Ubuntu? That should be all you need to do.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Unfortunately LSI/Broadcom is only providing SMI-S drivers for the Linux versions I posted. Sounds like those are not compatible with Debian. Thank you for the quick response.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is possible to install an RPM on Debian but I'm not a fan of this process. I guess you could try it in a VM though.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!