mhddfs plugin

• Afternoon all!

Quick question, is there no longer an mhddfs plugin for omv? I've seen some older threads from 2015 and 2016 discussing it, but no luck as of late. If it is no longer available, are there any solutions for someone like myself who has 13 drives connected to his/her NAS?

• Offizieller Beitrag

are there any solutions for someone like myself who has 13 drives connected to his/her NAS?

Unionfilesystems plugin. It uses mergerfs which is much better than mhddfs.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for the reply mate. I'm quite happy with mhddfs , it does exactly what I need it to do (plus I really don't feel like learning about another package, editing my fstab, etc.). If it is available still, do I need to add a repo? I did do a search for unionfilesystems which I did not find either.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm quite happy with mhddfs , it does exactly what I need it to do

And mergerfs will continue that. Here is a snippet from the mergerfs wiki

Why use mergerfs over mhddfs?
    mhddfs is no longer maintained and has some known stability and security issues (see below). MergerFS provides a superset of mhddfs' features and should offer the same or maybe better performance

editing my fstab,

Why would you edit your fstab? OMV will overwrite the changes anyway. Since you are coming from OMV 2.x or older, we recommend a fresh install.

If it is available still, do I need to add a repo?

There is no repo you can add and if you did manually install the plugin from 2.x, it will break your OMV 3.x or newer install.

I did do a search for unionfilesystems which I did not find either.

What are you searching for? (it doesn't exist before OMV 3.x) There isn't much to the plugin. Just add the drives you want in a pool. Then create shared folders using that pool. It is much better than the mhddfs plugin (which I wrote).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Apparently I am making this a LOT harder than it needs to be. So I already have mhddfs installed on my NAS box, and it's also configured, edited fstab, etc. I assumed that the mhddfs plugin recognized the mhddfs partition I had made. I figured out the repos and other stuff (unionfs, etc.) and I just have to set up the folder to be accessible, thanks again for your help.

P.S. I'll update this thread when I'm done, thanks again!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!