OMV fails to start a web server

• I have a fresh installation of OVM on my RaspberryPi 3B+ that won't properly. I get "Failed to start a High performance web server and a reverese proxy server". I also get "Failed to start Realtek H5 Bluetooth support" but it's the web server problem that's most annoying. I can see the IP adress (192.168.1.108) but I can't access it from my computer. I've checked the ethernet-cable and the cable works perfectly.
    I can enter the login and password on the Pi but the only thing that happen is that the login reappears.
    I also get a message "Raspberry Pi is a slow NAS: https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thred19871" but the link is dead and does no good.

I thought I had written the wrong file to my SD-card but I've checked again (and again and again) and I also re-written the .img to my SD-card but with the same result.

Any suggestions?

• I also get a message "Raspberry Pi is a slow NAS: forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thred19871" but the link is dead

That's just copy&paste gone wrong. The correct link is https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/19871

I hope you used Etcher to burn the SD card since if not you most probably still suffer from data corruption that you'll notice only later. Etcher is the only reasonable choice to burn SD cards since doing a verify by default (I tried to explain here why verify is that important)

• I have sam problem.
    "Failed to start a High performance web server and a reverese proxy server"
    "Failed to start Realtek H5 Bluetooth support"
    Simply no luck.
    I see ip but cannot connect to web gui.
    I was trying more then 10 times, even OMV3 with sam error, 3 diferent sd card, 2 diferent ethernet cables.
    I can not connect to pi with ssh. I think if I will somehow enable ssh then problem will be easy to resolve.
    Pls help.

• I am exactly in the same boat looking for someone to give a solution so far using upgrade but soon I will have to change board !

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it possible to enable ssh ?

ssh is enabled. It is just blocked for root. Just run the following commands and you will create a user that can login via ssh and has full sudo.
    sudo useradd -G sudo,ssh -s /bin/bash test555
    sudo passwd test555

For price of better board I can almoust buy Sinology nas.

Not true. A rock64 is the same price as an rpi and is MUCH better. I don't think you can get a synology for $35.

Is it possible that problem is with etcher?

I've never run into that. More like a problem with the sd card and/or network setup.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• ssh is enabled. It is just blocked for root. Just run the following commands and you will create a user that can login via ssh and has full sudo.sudo useradd -G sudo,ssh -s /bin/bash test555
    sudo passwd test555

How can I run (and where) this command?
    I can not open omv webui or ssh.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How can I run (and where) this command?
    I can not open omv webui or ssh.

Connect a monitor and keyboard and login as root.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• ssh is enabled. It is just blocked for root. Just run the following commands and you will create a user that can login via ssh and has full sudo.sudo useradd -G sudo,ssh -s /bin/bash test555
    sudo passwd test555
    Not true. A rock64 is the same price as an rpi and is MUCH better. I don't think you can get a synology for $35.
    I've never run into that. More like a problem with the sd card and/or network setup.

Password not accepted in putty

• Offizieller Beitrag

Password not accepted in putty

Those commands can't be entered into the username or password field in putty. You have to login locally (not ssh or putty but with a keyboard and monitor) as root. Then execute the command. After that, you should be able to login as the newly created user (test555 in my example).

When omv finish first boot and resatart they ask for login username (an pass).
    I was trying login as user root and pass openmediavault.
    It wont login just again ask for username (and pass).

This is a sign that something is very wrong. Without logs, I have no idea what is going wrong but I still think it is your sd card and/or network. I have never had a known good image not work on my RPis.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it possible to someone upload image of working omv and then I will copy this image to sd card. Is there any chance that this will work?

This is avoiding the problem and I have a feeling it wouldn't fix your problem. What size of sd card do you have? Are you using an RPi 3b+?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are the SD cards old? Do you have a network supplying dhcp without weird DNS nameservers that might be blocking sites need to upgrade?

• SD cards are new.

Writing image with older Etcher (1.4.3) is resolve my problem.

Now I will like to boot os from USB pen drive.
    Is it Ok if I on sd card write command to set OTP bit to enable USB boot?
    ("This command adds the program_usb_boot_mode=1 instruction to the end of the config.txt file.")

EDIT:

In armbian-config I find option "Install to sata, emmc, nand or usb".
    Will this copy sd card content (os) to usb or is better option write imige with Etcher and boot from beginning?

EDIT2:

I was trying boot from usb pen drive (first was OTP set to boot from usb) with no succes.
    I need help with that.

One more question..
    How can I resize sd card to full size? SD card is now half size visible for data storage (and os).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!