Mount >16TB RAID-Station on ODROID XU4 // OMV4.1.8.2-1

• Hi everyone,

I want to transform my 18TB DAS into a NAS to backup various devices, and as a NFS Share for Media Purposes. Currently my RAID-Station is connected to a laptop. Streaming is handled over a nfs manager.
    But now, I want to move the Station in the flat and make it accessible without a connection to my computer.

I purchased a ODROID XU4Q for this and installed OMV4.1.8.2-1

The problem is now that I get an Error message when I try to mount the volume in OMV.

Err Message:
    Failed to execute command 'export
    PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin;
    export LANG=C;
    mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-label/GoBig' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount:
    mount /dev/sda2 on /srv/dev-disk-by-label-GoBig failed: File too large

I realize that a 32bit system has a 16TB limitation, but I thought that since OMV3.X it only is 64bit. And the ODROID is also a 64bit machine.
    The kernel is "Linux 4.9.103-odroidxu4

So am I wrong with that, and I just cannot use a Disk this large with OMV or is it some other problem I don't know about

Thanks guys in advance

• Offizieller Beitrag

but I thought that since OMV3.X it only is 64bit

Nope, OMV is not 32 bit or 64 bit. It is just a package. It can be installed on either. There is only a 64bit ISO for intel machines but that doesn't mean it doesn't work on 32 bit systems. Most of the arm images are 32 bit.

And the ODROID is also a 64bit machine.

Nope, the odroid xu4 is not a 64bit machine.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I just cannot use a Disk this large with OMV

OMV is not involved here at all. It's just kernel/driver stuff. And since we're talking about the 'most reliable storage connection technology ever' -- crappy USB3 on an ARM board where the licensed XHCI IP block usually comes with a bunch of restrictions -- some obscure hardware limitations might also be involved.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So would it be possible to do my project with a 64-bit board like the rockpro64 i guess?

Yes. The rock64 and renegade (I have one) are good choices too.

• Nice! I'm currently looking at the Rockpro64 or the Renegade....
    Rockpro would be nice for potentially future upgrades I think (PCIe), but can I use the Rock64 image for OMV?

Are you satisfied with your Renegade Board?

I'm interested in your thoughts :)

Edit: Just saw the thread for the rockpro64 image for OMV ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are you satisfied with your Renegade Board?

Yep, it is a nice board. It has been very stable and fast. I got the two gig version which I thought was priced well. It is one of the few arm boards (I have many) that I have left running because it works well enough to really use.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!