Upgrade from 2.x to latest 4.x : PlexDataBase

• Hi,

Don't quite understand what I have to do.

I installed the plex plugin (like on 2.X, but is the docker plugin better now ?)

I have omv installed on a usb flash key (previously on an old hdd)

I see my old plexfolder in /srv/dev-disk-by-label-NAME/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server

when I install it new plex is building the database on var/lib/plexmediaserver, hwich is on the usb drive, right ? ;(

should I add a user or is it done automatically ? Is that is why plex can't write on /srv/ ?

thanks

Gigabyte GA-H87M-HD3, Pentium G3220, 4 GO DDR3, 6 x 2 To raid 6, 2.5' 100 Go for system
    Donator because OMV deserves it (20€)

• Offizieller Beitrag

AFAIK you can set the folder of the Plex library in the GUI of the Plex Plugin.

For safety I would make a copy of the Library. Then turn of the Plex Plugin. Change the folder and turn on the Plugin again.

You can also search the forum. There are some posts regarding that.

• You can not select the folder that the Plex library resides in using the plugin. Only the drive the folder sits on can be selected; the folder name is hard coded by the plugin and sits in the root of the selected drive.

Also, some things happen when changing the location if the library already exists. The first is that the original library is moved to the new location via a copy and delete operation. Next all the files and folders in the library are chowned, even if they already have the correct ownerships. Depending on the size of the library, this can take a lot of time, the plugin does not indicate progress, and Plex will not be started again until the operation is complete.

I have not used the Plex plugin in quite some time having moved to the docker, but IIRC, you can not change the library location if the plugin is disabled.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Is there a recomended way(or best practice) to move plex from the plugin to docker? I've moved all other media type applications to docker, but have been procastanating moving plex due to not wanting to lose my current server configuration. On another note, I've actually been thinking about starting fresh with a new install, and the only hang up is the same thing, not wanting to lose my current plex server config/settings and throwing a wrench into the people I share my library with. I suppose the same answer could apply to both scenarios.

• I moved from the Plex plugin to running Plex in a docker.

Stop Plex before setting up the docker. If you have the space it would be a good idea to make a backup copy of the metadata library.

Make note of where you have located the metadata library and when you are setting up the docker, point the /config Container path to that location.

Also, make note of the user:group that owns the metadata library, and specify these (numerically) in the container Environment variables PUID and PGID

The rest of the docker setup can be done per the documentation for it.

Once you have the docker up and running to your satisfaction you can uninstall the plugin.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Yep, thnaks !!!! :)

Did what you said, used the docker plugin, point /config sot the old settings,

BUT

Stucked at the /media part, each time this line is deleted when retring the settings of the image

Gigabyte GA-H87M-HD3, Pentium G3220, 4 GO DDR3, 6 x 2 To raid 6, 2.5' 100 Go for system

• I'd have to see a screen shot of exactly what it is you are doing.

--

• Made another thread, marked this one as resolved, and thanks ! :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!