Can't access to OMV with my IP Adress

• Hi there !

I am a totaly new and i am discovering OMV witch seems totaly great !

I have a problem : I dowloaded the last version of OMV for RPI (i have a RPI 3), i unzip its, i format my Micro SD Card 16go Sandisk with Sd formater, then i burn the img with Etcher on the SD. I put the SD into my rpi, i switch the power on and... A lot of things are failing... but i have an IP adress... I go on my browser, past and cut the Ip adress and... Nothing... I try agin to format, to burn the img many times, i tryed on another Sd card... Same results... I looked if the probleme came from my rooter box, no problem... Recallbox, Rasplex, Xbmc work perfectly and are connected... I tryed to connected as admin and root user and... i don't understand why it's not working. I put you somes screenshots, if you have an idea ? Maybe my SD cards are corrupted ?

• i unzip its

Obviously you preferred to not read the readme.txt at Sourceforge telling you to skip unzipping and more importantly the REMAIN PATIENT PLEASE part:

Code
    On first boot the installation will be finished. REMAIN PATIENT PLEASE since
    this can take up to 20 minutes with a slow SD card and slow internet
    connection (needs internet access to update all packages to latest version).
    After one automatic reboot SD card activity led stops blinking and then your
    Raspberry Pi is ready!
  • Obviously you preferred to not read the readme.txt at Sourceforge telling you to skip unzipping and more importantly the REMAIN PATIENT PLEASE part:

Code
    On first boot the installation will be finished. REMAIN PATIENT PLEASE since
    this can take up to 20 minutes with a slow SD card and slow internet
    connection (needs internet access to update all packages to latest version).
    After one automatic reboot SD card activity led stops blinking and then your
    Raspberry Pi is ready!

I have tried but it doesn't work for me, the pi reboot after around 2 minutes then start again and I can't access the web interface (I type http://192.168.1.33 and it tell me connection refused)
    How do you get access to the console ??

• Offizieller Beitrag

Some thoughts:

What is the size of your SD card?
    Have you tested your SD card with H2testw?
    Did you write the image with etcher without unpacking it?
    Did the Pi have internet connection (using ethernet) during the first boot?
    Did you wait long enough?
    Are you sure about the IP adress?

Edit: Have you confirmed the MD5 or SHA1 code of the image?

• I did steps like this :
    Download the OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus.img.xz file (it contain the img file)
    Download and install Etcher
    Open Etcher select the OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus.img.xz and select my 16GB SD Card (I have tested two different SD card, 16gb and 32gb same problem with both card, they are both Kingston SD card)
    Wait for flash and verifying to finish
    Plug a screen on my raspberry, plug ethernet cable, plug a bluetooth keyboard and then plug the power
    On my screen the pi is starting it give me much errors (see the screens of this thread for error : Any fail on last image of raspberry pi3 OMV? No install)
    After about 2 minutes it restart
    It ask me for a login and give me an ip to connect, I go to my web browser type the IP 192.168.1.33 and it tell me ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
    I try to connect with my login and password on raspberry, it show me some code (RASPBERRY PI 3 etc...) then show me the IP again and ask me for my login again.
    I try to connect via SSH with login root but I don't have the password

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you verify the MD5 code of the image after download?

You can ignore the messages during the first boot. Many services are updated during this process.

When you enter the IP in your browser, do you see the login page of OMV?
    If not, double check the IP adress assigned to your RPi in your router. AFAIK the IP shown on the screen connected to the server (RPi in your case) is not correct. Not sure if this is the case for RPi.

• Did you verify the MD5 code of the image after download?

You can ignore the messages during the first boot. Many services are updated during this process.

When you enter the IP in your browser, do you see the login page of OMV?
    If not, double check the IP adress assigned to your RPi in your router. AFAIK the IP shown on the screen connected to the server (RPi in your case) is not correct. Not sure if this is the case for RPi.

No I don't know how to do, but I finally manager to get access to console I tried sudo apt-get update but it can't connect to any site (Could not resolve [...]) ? Ethernet problem ? The cable work fine on my computer

EDIT: I fixed the internet problem by adding google DNS !
    now I am updating everything I will edit my post after that

Okay I runned
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade

then it asked me to enter ovm-initsystem to finish the update and when i do it it give me error /boot/initdr.img-[...] does not exist. Cannot update.

EDIT 2:
    IT WORK !!!!

Here how to fix the problem for those who have the same problem

- First start the raspberry and let him configure and reboot

- Then once it started, connect with user root and password openmediavault and set a new password

- Run the command sudo reboot and wait for reboot

- Once it rebooted run the commands

sudo /etc/network/interfaces

and add this line at the end : dns-nameservers 8.8.4.4 8.8.8.8

Then run sudo reboot and after reboot run theses commands :

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade

- Wait for finish

- After that run sudo reboot and wait for reboot

- Run the command omv-firstaid and select :
    clean apt
    clear local upload package repository
    clear web control panel cache

- Run command sudo reboot

- After reboot run the command omv-firstaid and go to Configure network interface

- Click ok, ok... do not change anything

- Once it's finished open the omv-firstaid again and select configure web control panel, keep the port 80 and select ok

- Run again sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade

Now go to your web browser and try to connect with the provided IP when starting just type it in the url bar (most of the time 192.168.1.***)
    If it doesn't try but by adding :80 at the endd (for exemple 192.168.1.35:80)

• I have a simmilar problem like the one described here. I made the SD card with Etcher, following all the steps. The Raspberry does start with also a lot of errors. It does suggest me to visit the OMV site, and gives the option to enter the Raspberry Pi by entering username and password. besides that it gives the IP number. The IP number is correct, also in the router, but it does not allow me to enter into the Raspberry (Also not with the default username and password). I have been waiting for over 1 hour, which should be long enough, but the Raspberry didn't reboot, nothing has changed. Also there is no OMV login screen.

• Well I am in the same boat I need to do a fresh install since I got issues on my backup with shared folders from a missing reformated drive, but cannot even access root
    root@192.168.2.56's password:openmediavault
    Access denied,
    I do not know what to do there!!
    By the way MD5 is correct
    I guess ton of new users wont be able to enjoy OMV!

• Root access via ssh is disabled by default. Is this how you are trying to connect?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Root access can be enabled in the OMV web GUI, Services | SSH

Or you can login via console as root and edit the file /etc/ssh/sshd_config and set:

PermitRootLogin yes

Then save the file and run:

systemctl restart sshd

But from your posts it's not clear to me how many ways you can access the system - web GUI, ssh, console, some of these or all of these.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• The console I cannot do anything since my wireless Logitech keyboard is not detected web GUI this is the main issue SSH since it is disabled
    I am wondering is it possible to reset an old install backup by using apt-get --reinstall install openmediavault?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!