Upgrade Kernel 4.17: ZFS: Unable to set "noop" scheduler for /dev/sdd1 (sdd): 256

• Hi, did you recognize any problems with zfs after a week of using kernel 4.17?

Regards Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Hi, did you recognize any problems with zfs after a week of using kernel 4.17?

Regards Hoppel

I haven't had any. I've checked all status on the pools and they show healthy. And no errors so far.
    I've just rebooted after this last update and I'm still getting ZFS: Unable to set "noop" scheduler for /dev/sdd1 (sdd): 256 etc. for the pool

• I am trying to install the zfs plugin on a fresh install upgraded to 4.17, but getting following error, did you run into this as well?

.....that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    openmediavault-zfs : Depends: linux-headers-amd64 but it is not going to be installed or
    pve-headers but it is not installable
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
    <<< *************************************

i remember there was this header issue with older kernel, is that still the case for 4.17 i was really hoping that was solved

• Don't know if I'm to late to add to this but I'm getting the same error. I'm kind of new to ZFS and can't figure out if this is a real problem or not. I'm also on the 4.17 Kernel.

• Hi,

I am also using kernel 4.17 and also see this message, but can’t see any errors. So, for the moment it’s not really an issue.

As an alternative you can try the latest backports kernel 4.18. My Server informed me yesterday, that 4.18 is available now. Maybe it’s solved with kernel 4.18 and zfs 0.7.11...

Or you can install the proxmox 4.15 kernel. I think the message isn’t appearing with this kernel, but I also didn’t try.

Please report back your findings here.

Regards Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Hi,

today I updated to kernel 4.18 and zfs 0.7.11. Now my syslog shows the following, if I search for noop:

Code
    root@omv4:~# cat /var/log/syslog | grep noop
    Oct  2 08:59:45 omv4 kernel: [    1.121711] io scheduler noop registered

Seemingly this works now.

Regards Hoppel

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!