Combine autoshutdown and rtcwake

• I finally managed to autoshutdown my NAS (OMV 4.1.9) once all PCs and Laptops no longer are in use. I do this by using the OMV-plugin and make it monitor the respective IP-Adresses. If the PCs are all shut down, the NAS will autoshutdown short time afterwards.

What I have not succeeded in yet, was to wake up my NAS at a certain time in the morning (say 7 am). I have read plenty of websites on rtcwake and I have learned that rtcwake can only wake the NAS up once at one point in the future but it has no built-in regular alarm function (such as: every morning at 7 am). So I guess there are two options:

- either run rtcwake automatically (telling the NAS to wake up at 7am) just before autoshutdown suspends the NAS (how would I do this?)
    - or: run a cron job that does this automatically. Cron jobs do not run out of suspended mode, so the cron job should be executed when the NAS is awake.

I have, however, not succeeded in achieving the above. I'll spare you the details. It's probably that I am neither an expert in scripting nor in cron jobs, I'd say my skills are rather very limited. I've spent much time trying to find a solution, but to no avail.
    Anyone with a walkthrough how to achieve the above ?

Thanks

• Thanks. If the NAS is woken up from suspended, is this the same as 'booting' the NAS ? In other words: will the job be triggered if the NAS is not booted after a full shutdown but only woken up from the autoshutdown-suspended mode?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!