Failed to start Raise network interfaces

• Hello forum, I need some help….

I recently upgraded to OMV 4.1.9 from OMV 2.x and I’m facing a problem that I just can’t find a way to solve them.

I’m an OMV user for 2+ years and what I really liked about OMV is how easy and solid it is, but version 4.x is giving me a really hard time…

So my problem..

First of all I did a clean install of OMV 4 and I would say everything went as expected, the first problem is with the network interface, the machine boots up, but during the boot up screen at about 80% of the times OMV starts it shows

[FAILED] Failed to start Raise network interfaces.

Now I went through command line and used omv-firstaid in order to find my way out of it but when I tried to configure network interface in the end I get this message about

“Cannot create socket to [localhost]:2812 -- Connection refused”

Now I did try to reinstall OMV (about 6-7 times), changed my PCI network card, but the problem is still there…

Also today that I tried to install the UPS Plugin the same message appeared at the end of the install window.

So anyone knows what’s wrong with my OMV?

It’s a fresh install, I haven’t meshed around with anything…

Also the problem is a not always there constantly.

For example today morning after the 12th reboot ;( it finally decided to raise the network interface!

• Well just for anyone who is having a similar issue, after intalling the Backports from OMV-Extras,
    I stoped getting the msg “Cannot create socket to [localhost]:2812 -- Connection refused” and all seems to work as expected...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!