New to OMV and running into issues after install

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New to OMV and running into issues after install

I've been using Freenas for the past 5 years and decided to give OMV a try. I grabbd the ISO for 4.1.3 and had no issues getting it installed on an SSD but when I'm in the WebUI I began by trying to update the 'General Settings' and other tabs under system. Each one gives me an error similar to "Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusDRhYQ4' (size=0)." when trying to apply the change. I run into similar issues when trying to update through 'Update Management'. Changing permissions on these files seems to allow the changes to be applied but I'd like to find out what is going on rather than applying permissions every time I run into this error.

System specs:
      Intel S5000PSL MB
      Dual Xeon X5450s @3GHz
      16GB ECC memory
      120GB Kingston SSD

Thanks,
      Mike
    • This sounds like something related to a bug that's been fixed.

(Assuming you can go through the process)
      Go to System, Update management, and do the updates. All the updates should bring you up to 4.1.9
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing

The post was edited 3 times, last by flmaxey: edit2 ().

• This bug has been fixed, simply updtae your system to the latest version vioa UI or CLI.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit