Update Errors

• Hi,

After deciding to get OMV installed and running on my zyxel on NSA320, and learning all about uboot, debian and finally OMV installation i have finally got it up and running; but have now run into an error i cant resovle. Looking through numerous post on the forum trying to find something that will help resolve the issue i am having with doing updates to both OMV or OMV-Extras after installing the plugin, I am reaching out to see if someone can advise how to resolve.

I get the following errors when either:

A) trying to run updates to OMV from the update management page:

or

B) or after installing the OMV-Extras plugin and clicking "updates" from the plugins page:

At first glance this appears to be similar to this issue, but i dont think its not quite the same issue. Not being that knowledgeable about OMV (but quickly learning) and how it works its seemed similar but not the same and other threads i have read indicate that some known issues with "bin-tray" and "Repos" have been resolved and this seems to be what my issue is related to.

Any thoughts or advice on how i can resolve?

Rgds
    artical

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-extras doesn't support armel boards and there are no OMV 4.x repos created by omv-extras.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi Ryecoaaron,

Thanks for the update; i wasnt aware of that, I am fairly new to all things Linux, even more so to OMV.... getting it running on my NAS has been a bit of a hobby project for me and although challenging it now seems to be running well on my NAS apart from this error, so please excuse the noob questions :)

Is there any plans to support armel boards in the longer term? i saw a notice that OMV3 is going EOL in the near future so when i looked to install OMV i naturally went for OMV4 as the latest variant.

is there anything i can do about this error then?

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; apt-get update 2>&1' with exit code '100'

2ndly...

is there anyway to manually build plugins that worked in previous builds and then upload them into OMV4 via the OMV frontend so i can manage the plugin via the web? are there any tutorials/guides that would help me learn how to do this?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there any plans to support armel boards in the longer term?

No. I stopped supported them early in the development of OMV 3.x.

is there anything i can do about this error then?

I would have to see the output of apt-get update from the command line as root over ssh (so you can cut&paste).

is there anyway to manually build plugins that worked in previous builds and then upload them into OMV4 via the OMV frontend so i can manage the plugin via the web?

Some of the plugins will work without change. Just download from https://bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/ and upload in the Plugin tab in the web interface. If they don't work this way, they probably won't work by rebuilding them.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I would have to see the output of apt-get update from the command line as root over ssh (so you can cut&paste).

Here is the output from apt-get update:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would remove omv-extras. It isn't going to write a proper .list file for the bintray repos.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!