Can guest network(wifi) vew read shear files ?

• Well, it all depends on your network/router configuration.

Some routers have a separate guest network that doesn't give users on the guest network any access to the local network, only the internet. Other routers are less secure and allow users on the guest network to see the local network.

That said, as long as you have configured OMV properly and have no open shares (i.e. all shares requires a login), you have a second layer of security here.

Also, why would you allow someone onto your guest network that might want to hack your NAS? In addition to all this, if you don't tell them you have a NAS and what IP address it's located on, how would they know?

OMV 6.x, Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi, i7-6700K@3GHz, 16GB DDR4-3000, 4x 4TB Toshiba N300, 1x 60GB Corsair GT SSD (OS drive), 10Gbps Aquantia Ethernet

• ya.I love omv . My network was compromised not to long ago so I just want to do my best to look out haking and allow ppl to brows thru my media. My router does not leat guest see network divices.

I'm thinking I might have set up 2 independent networks. One only being media/tv box. And format all the other pc's scraping all big programs :(

Is it possible to safely re-flash router with a pc that is possibly compromised ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'd say, "it depends". Without knowing how the PC is compromised, there are too many possibilities. If someone can remote in, your network and all that is connected is at risk.

On the other hand, if you're talking about the typical virus infection, most of them are designed to attack a specific operating system component, is a very specific way. I've never heard of a virus that could attack and compromise Windows, then opportunistically attack another operating system like Linux as a secondary target. (Linux is probably what is running your router.) Something like that would require a lot of automation, so I'm guessing that flashing your router with a virus on your PC would be a minimal risk.

If I were you, I'd clean things up by looking at all my PC's first. At the minimum, I'd use this Bitdefender ISO to scan your Windows installs with Windows offline. If you find more than a couple virus infections, I'd reload the OS.

• If I were you, I'd clean things up by looking at all my PC's first. At the minimum, I'd use this Bitdefender ISO to scan your Windows installs with Windows offline. If you find more than a couple virus infections, I'd reload the OS.

I put the boot iso on a cd. during boot it sat unided hardwear. that it says runing vershion number(i dont remimber number) and than it loods basik linex comand start up lines. and than nuthing just blank monitor that goes to sleep.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've run Bitdefender on, at a guess, 7 PC's. It worked every time and, in a few cases, it found and cleaned infections.

I don't know what to tell you, other than find another boot-able anti-virus scanning (ISO) disk that will work with your PC.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!