Any fail on last image of raspberry pi3 OMV? No install

    • OMV 4.x
    • Any fail on last image of raspberry pi3 OMV? No install

      Hello good night,
      I've been trying to install OMV 4 on my raspberry pi 3 for 3 days, I've tried several installation methods, always under the image that you provide:IMAGE
      (Linux) Burn the image with etcher.
      (Win) Burn the image with etcher.
      (Win) Burn the image with win32 image writer.
      I have tried to record the image in the microsd:
      1MICROSD
      2Old Micro SD eb-flash, HC, 4gb FLASH
      And I always get the following errors, I've been looking and nobody comes up with anything like it, that is possible to fail.
      [IMG:i63.tinypic.com/347aa2q.png]
      [IMG:i68.tinypic.com/win4h2.jpg]
      I hope your answer.
      A greeting and thanks in advance.
      Images
      • Screenshot_20180806_232127.png

        403.22 kB, 1,080×470, viewed 154 times
      • 20180806_222039.jpg

        748.62 kB, 3,779×1,791, viewed 84 times
    • Is it connected to wired internet? Did you wait 30 minutes for the system to be ready?
      omv 4.1.12 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.11
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

      Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

      Is it connected to wired internet? Did you wait 30 minutes for the system to be ready?

      I have tried connecting it directly to the router and other times to an electrical tplink.
      I've been up all night without touching anything of the raspberry but I keep getting the same message.
      I do not know what else to do.
      I think it's a problem of writing the sd but I can not figure out what's wrong, it's very strange to me.
      A greeting and thanks in advance.
    • Care to explain what the problem is? Other than you connecting a display and being scared by messages you can't interpret?

      What is not working?

      If you follow closely the readme you simply let the RPi connect to the network, wait until installation finishes and the board reboots, then OMV is up and running.

      Messages about failed service at first boot are normal (simply switch off your display or do not even connect one -- it's unnecessary anyway since OMV is a headless system being administered through the network. There's nothing you can or even should do locally). Some messages about proprietary RPi crap (like VCHI) are normal all the time.

      If you want to get rid off messages you don't understand ('FAILED TO OPEN VCHI SERVICES' in capital letters?!) you need to edit /boot/config.txt and adjust GPU memory. This way the irrelevant vchi messages disappears and your RPi has less memory for Linux (this 'GPU memory' adjustment defines how much memory Linux is able to use and how much the primary OS on any RPi: that's a closed source RTOS called ThreadX needed for all sorts of proprietary multimedia stuff you don't need on a NAS)
    • tkaiser wrote:

      Care to explain what the problem is? Other than you connecting a display and being scared by messages you can't interpret?

      What is not working?

      If you follow closely the readme you simply let the RPi connect to the network, wait until installation finishes and the board reboots, then OMV is up and running.

      Messages about failed service at first boot are normal (simply switch off your display or do not even connect one -- it's unnecessary anyway since OMV is a headless system being administered through the network. There's nothing you can or even should do locally). Some messages about proprietary RPi crap (like VCHI) are normal all the time.

      If you want to get rid off messages you don't understand ('FAILED TO OPEN VCHI SERVICES' in capital letters?!) you need to edit /boot/config.txt and adjust GPU memory. This way the irrelevant vchi messages disappears and your RPi has less memory for Linux (this 'GPU memory' adjustment defines how much memory Linux is able to use and how much the primary OS on any RPi: that's a closed source RTOS called ThreadX needed for all sorts of proprietary multimedia stuff you don't need on a NAS)

      Hello, thank you very much for your answer,
      I have been reporting and understand the error messages, including some things at the beginning of the installation, in fact I prefer to know that I can not access.
      What I do not understand, is that because after trying to burn the image by active and passive in several SD, in different OS, waiting for nights to "finish installing" still can not enter OMV.
      As you can see in the attached images, the problem lies in the non-initiation of the nginx web server. Possibly because the image downloaded is wrong or because of the burning of it.
      He tried trying to enter by ssh, with the only active user "root", but as the documentation says

      https://sourceforge.net/projects/openmediavault/files/Raspberry%20Pi%20images/ wrote:

      "SSH keys are regenerated on first boot but SSH login has to be enabled in web UI prior to usage
      so I connected a screen and show me that when trying to access the user, to change the key, when the change I missed an error, tty1, so I can not access any of the machine.
      Other OS, like raspbian and hypriot work perfectly.
      I'm very sorry about the capitals.
      A greeting and thanks in advance.
    • Brutslom wrote:

      Any idea?
      Anyone has the old images from raspberry pi 3.
      While I didn't keep any, I don't think old images are going to solve you problem. I have used the new image quite a few times now and haven't had an issue. I guess you could install OMV on raspbian since it works for you.
      omv 4.1.12 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.11
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

      Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • jojos38 wrote:

      I have same error and same problems with bluetooth etc...
      Which 'problems with bluetooth'?! OMV doesn't make use of BT, there's a service enabled by accident that throws a warning and people start to panic?

      The 'problem with bluetooth' might be gone once you execute

      Source Code

      1. sudo systemctl disable tinker-bluetooth
    • tkaiser wrote:

      jojos38 wrote:

      I have same error and same problems with bluetooth etc...
      Which 'problems with bluetooth'?! OMV doesn't make use of BT, there's a service enabled by accident that throws a warning and people start to panic?
      The 'problem with bluetooth' might be gone once you execute

      Source Code

      1. sudo systemctl disable tinker-bluetooth
      Ok but the main problem is that is tell me
      Failed to start A High peformance web server and a reverse proxy server.
      See 'systemctl status nginx.service' for details.

      I can't enter any command because it ask me the raspberry login. :/ Everytime I login it show me the ip and some code and then it ask me login again

      When it give me IP I try to connect it tell me connection denied check your proxy settings (ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED)

      I managed to make it work :

      Here how to fix the problem for those who have the same problem

      - First start the raspberry and let him configure and reboot

      - Then once it started, connect with user root and password openmediavault and set a new password

      - Run the command sudo reboot and wait for reboot

      - Once it rebooted run the commands

      sudo /etc/network/interfaces

      and add this line at the end : dns-nameservers 8.8.4.4 8.8.8.8


      - Run command sudo reboot

      - After reboot run the command omv-firstaid and go to Configure network interface

      - Click ok, ok... do not change anything

      - Once it's finished open the omv-firstaid again and select configure web control panel, keep the port 80 and select ok

      Now go to your web browser and try to connect with the provided IP when starting just type it in the url bar (most of the time 192.168.1.***)
      If it doesn't try but by adding :80 at the endd (for exemple 192.168.1.35:80)

      The post was edited 8 times, last by jojos38 ().

    • I had this same problem. It has to do with the IPV6 setting not being recognized. I believe the file is /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/openmediavault-webgui.

      comment out the second to last line >
      # listen [::]:80 ipv6only=off;

      then reboot or restart nginx-service. After that, it worked for me.