Notifications do not work

• Hi all,

I am testing Openmediavault to be my future NAS System :) I did a clean install of the latest image 4.1.3 and upgraded. After a Reboot I am now on Kernel 4.17.
    I did a little bit of testing and then configured notification. I could sent a test email it immediately appeared in my email account. So everything should work.

I then removed one HDD for testing purpose and saw this in SYSLOG

The Behavior is corrected and it was logged in the Kernel and also my ZFS Plugin stated there's something going wrong.

Unfortunately I did not receive any email notification. Waited for half an hour but nothing.
    This concerns me a little but because failure of an HDD is a really critical issue and this should be reported immediately.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks S

• Hmm ok I think we have a misunderstanding :)
    I do not want to monitor the ZFS Pool.... I only want to know why a notification is not sent out when a HDD is disconnected.I think that this should be immediately reported in any case - or is this not part of the notification service?

Thanks S

• Offizieller Beitrag

or is this not part of the notification service?

Reading that thread it's not part of the plugin, therefore not part of the notification service, perhaps @subzero79 could shed more light on this for you.

My understanding of zfs is, if a drive is down/failed/disconnected then the report would be a degraded pool, not disk a has been disconnected, the fact that the pool has been flagged as being degraded is sufficient for a notification.

I don't use zfs on omv but I did on nas4free and from recollection when a drive failed or was pulled an email notification was sent about the pool being degraded.....I know because I had a drive do just that....after some work and investigation the drive was fine, but for whatever reason it was reported with an error once I had logged into the nas.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!