*UPDATE DOCKER Pi-HOLE*

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

geaves wrote:

The new Docker Pi-Hole is pihole/pihole previously it was diginc/pi-hole, this is the latest V4.0
      I just checked it out. The How-To needs minor edits. Thanks for the heads up!
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing

The post was edited 1 time, last by flmaxey: Edit ().

• New

geaves wrote:

Minor edits :/ I just followed your howto as before, the only thing I had to do was Update Gravity from the tools menu to get it to fully function.
      What do you mean, "fully functional"? Maybe I missed something.

I tested with my backup server which was a clean Docker install, not an image/container upgrade. (/dockerparms and sub dir's were new, not reused.)

Did you do an upgrade using the How-To?
    • New

ryecoaaron wrote:

sudo pihole -up for anyone using it outside of a docker.
      Why would anyone use an add-on outside of a Docker? :)

On a serious note, have you given any thought to setting up a Docker section in the forum?
    • New

flmaxey wrote:

Why would anyone use an add-on outside of a Docker?
      I installed on it on my existing Ubuntu 18 DNS server without docker.

flmaxey wrote:

On a serious note, have you given any thought to setting up a Docker section in the forum?
      Makes sense to me but Volker would have to do that. I can't.
      omv 4.1.9 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.9
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • New

ryecoaaron wrote:

I installed on it on my existing Ubuntu 18 DNS server without docker.
      Just kidding BTW. :)

ryecoaaron wrote:

flmaxey wrote:

Makes sense to me but Volker would have to do that. I can't.

Perhaps @votdev would consider a dedicated Docker Section in the forum.

Given the excellent Docker Plugin:
      OMV's forum community has stepped up with numerous Docker How-To's. @flvinny521 and @TechnoDadLife, in particular, have done outstanding work.
      While Docker add-on's extend OMV's capabilities, dealing with the inevitable container configuration issues are separate from OMV, in the vast majority of cases. Accordingly, for organization and the ease of navigation for new forum users, it makes sense to give Dockers a separate section.

With a separate Docker Section, the community could focus on Docker configuration issues and providing assistance to users, leaving OMV's Dev's free to focus on OMV.