Move Openmediavault to a datacenter

• Hi,

At the moment I test openmediavault. I have intends to move my just installed openmediavault server to a data center, but how save is openmediavault? Also is there documentantion of the firewall?

• Offizieller Beitrag

how save is openmediavault?

OMV is Debian with a web interface for configuration. I would say it is plenty safe. You will have to do some manual configuration if your datacenter requires vlan tagging though.

Also is there documentantion of the firewall?

It is just a frontend for iptables. Looking at the iptables documentation should get you what you need.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OMV is Debian with a web interface for configuration. I would say it is plenty safe. You will have to do some manual configuration if your datacenter requires vlan tagging though.

It is just a frontend for iptables. Looking at the iptables documentation should get you what you need.

Okay, thank you for confirming.

Then I have to look for a good tutorial because I have no experience with iptables. If you know a good tutorial on the web! Thank you for your time!

• Offizieller Beitrag

i don't use iptables much so not aware of a good tutorial. I'm sure there are plenty out there though.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!