Openmediavault drops my router network

• So i have an old pc that i am currently running openmediavault 3.0.86. It is connected directly to my fios router. Now the only services i have running on is plex and smb. For some reason the openmediavault is bringing down my network/router. What happpens is i will be on wifi and all of a sudden the wifi signal disappears on my phone. When checking the openmediavault i will notice that the light is flickering. If i shutdown/unplug the cable the wifi signal will return.

i researched online and it was suggested to use a different nic card. I have attempted this but also had the same issue. Not sure when this started because i did have it running on my network for a few months with no issues. It was a headless setup but i have connected a monitor and a keyboard to see what happens.
    But i am not sure what commands i can use on the Command line to find the cause of my issue. Please help.

thank you

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sounds like your network settings conflict with your router's network settings. Did you set a static ip?

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What does your /etc/network/interfaces look like?

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• # The loopback network interface
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

# eth1 network interface
    auto eth1
    allow-hotplug eth1
    iface eth1 inet static
    address 192.168.1.169
    gateway 192.168.1.1
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    dns-nameservers 192.168.1.1
    iface eth1 inet6 manual
    pre-down ip -6 addr flush dev $IFACE

• i am noticing that my date/ time is wrong. And i am having a hard timer changing it. So After trying to change the date in BIOS the change isnt sticking. I am going to try and replace the CMOS battery and see if thats my issue.

• yes that was the setting i had but it currently would not allow me to change it from that setting to manually. So i changed my BIOS battery and that solved my date time issue. Now lets see if my network remains stable.

Cross your fingers and thanks for the help guys

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!