Static address: Gatway address versus DNS server

• Offizieller Beitrag

With a static IP4 address, I attempted to change OMV's DNS server address. The change refused to save, with the Gateway address highlighted in red, as if there was a fault. There error remark is "This field should be an IP4 address". Has anyone else seen this?

The only way this dialog saves, that I've found, is when the Gateway address matches the DNS server address.

(With OMV3, I can set DNS servers to any address.)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm not seeing this on my systems. Did you try clearing your browser cache?

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for the reply. :)

I'm not seeing this on my systems. Did you try clearing your browser cache?

I went to another PC that's never been in contact with this server's console (no cache issue possible), and got the same thing. The error doesn't make sense, but the dialog box will save "if" the DNS and Gateway addresses match.

I changed something else (in notifications) just to get an on-demand save, in the event that the config was dirty. No help.
    What do you think? A bit of script corruption? A reload?

Crappers,, I just got this box to where I wanted it. I suppose I could set the DNS server on the CLI.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Weird. i don't see anywhere in the code that it even tries to compare the gateway and dns. I just tried it on a fresh install and it works. Maybe you have a space or a control character in there?

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is so odd, I suspected it might be a "reload" issue. Fortunately, I have an archive image for this server that's just a bit over a week old. Here's to hoping the same problem doesn't exist on that image so I won't have to start from scratch.

I'm not a Dev, but looked over the code and I believe you regarding the impossibility of standard code generating these error(s). It would have to be a case of "extra-weird" corruption. The following is just FYI:

Remembering that DNS is set with omv-firstaid, I tried that and got this:

That triggered an on-demand update in the active console. Before doing it, I checked the interface addresses (blank) and got this:

The save didn't work, yet another error, so I reverted - and was back to the Gateway and DNS being the same.

In any case, thanks for taking a look.

• Offizieller Beitrag

As a last update,I found that any change in the entries in the network dialog box resulted in the Gateway error (This field should be an IP4 address). The matching Gateway and DNS address was just a coincidence.

Sadly, the backup image and cloned USB stick were affected as well. Rebuilding....

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!