Create WiFi Access Point with create_ap.

• Offizieller Beitrag

tested it here for some long time now and works flawless.

Maybe you could modify/fix the plugin? https://github.com/ryecoaaron/openmediavault-hostapd

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Maybe there is someone who can make a plugin from create_ap, i autorun it with systemctl and a config file with my settings, works great.

Would be nice if that could be done.

Greetings

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe there is someone who can make a plugin from create_ap, i autorun it with systemctl and a config file with my settings, works great.

Would be nice if that could be done.

I'm about the only one who writes plugins anymore and I would not be the right person to write this plugin. That is why I was hoping you would interesting in working on the hostapd plugin.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I am just starting with OMV sorry to open an old thread, but it seams as close to my question as I could find. free floating cloud?

My hardware = Fitlet-T , 16G ram, two 1T ssd's, and booting from a USB3 drive.

I would like to say thanks, to the editor who noted the usb has to be bigger than the RAM in the install doc.! Thank you, it helped!

For my system I am looking to set up a stand alone wifi local web/music/video/file server No Router and No internet connect= Floating low power < 18Watt server/NAS

but For OMV install I am attached to a router for (config - setup - update - adding docker aps - etc. etc.)

to this end, I am going down the path to add hostapd and DNSmasq from the terminal (putty or direct connect) and then set up the network connects through the OMV GUI. (not sure this is a good rout??)

During the install of the DNSmasq it failed install as port 53 was already in use. So before beating my head on the wall, I would ask, if anyone has setup an OMV install as a wifi server access point? or i.e. a free floating cloud? and if they could share any insights to do this.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!