Missing RAID1 and missing MDADM

• Hello Guys,

should I post my issue in english or german? Well, i think english is better.

Yesterday I had a power failure in my house so I had to start my Pi again. After that, my raid 1 with two WD 2 TB storage is not mounted anymore.

So I used Google and found some topics in this forum about how to remount missing raids. The most of them used the shell to repair this problem.

But when I logged in in my shell and typing in "mdadm xyz" my shell ist printing out:

Code
    -dash: 1: mdadm: not found

Another thing I figured out is that in /dev/ I dont have an "md0", "md126" or "md127". Theres only "md".

Does anyone knows a troubleshoot for this issue? I dont have a problem with remounting my raid, when my data doesnt get lost while remouting, but I just do not know that.

If I postet that in the wrong forum, please apologizes for that.

Greetings
    Philipp

PS: I am new at OMV.

• Offizieller Beitrag

had to start my Pi again. After that, my raid 1

Here is the mdadm problem. Raid on usb drives and especially on an RPi is bad idea.

What is the output of:
    dpkg -l | grep mdadm

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The package is there. Did you try the command with sudo or as the root user?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Oh my god, I only forgot to use the command as sudo....

Im really sorry for that, I think thats the best situation for using the german saying: I dont see the forest because of the trees anymore.... :S

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!