More drive bays for HP Microserver Gen10

• Hi there,

I am currently running an HP Microserver Gen7. It is showing its age and I need more drive bays, so I want to replace it. Empty cases with 12 or more 3.5" drive bays cost more than a Gen10 Microserver. Therefore I want to use a drive shelf to expand a Gen10 Microserver.

The PCIe 3.0 x8 Slot should take a HBA like this without Problems: https://geizhals.de/adaptec-hb…e-2288200-r-a1377025.html. The Bandwidth of the PCIe 3.0 x8 Slot should be more than enough for up to 24 drives.

My Problems start when I try to find a SAS/SATA 6Gbit/s disk shelf with SFF-8644 connectors including drive caddies for a reasonable price. I don't care if it is used as long as it works.

Does anyone have any suggestions which drive shelf I need to look for. Using another HBA would be fine too. I would like to be able to add at least 12 3.5" drive Bays. SAS/SATA 6Gbit/s and Disks up to 12 TB should be possible. I don't want to use a RAID controller.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!