RAID Mirror pair state - clean and false

• OMV 2.x
    • RAID Mirror pair state - clean and false

I had rebooted my OMV, and was surprised to find my RAID devices gone. Fortunately using this command *seemed* like it restored the /dev/md4 target

Source Code

1. mdadm --assemble --verbose /dev/md4

But now I see a /dev/md4 showing in a clean state, and a /dev/md4p1 in a false state (see attachment). How do I clean this up? I can't tell if the Mirror is actually healthy or not. The 'mdadm --query --detail' and '/proc/mdstat' seems to report that it is.

I had another RAID device that was similar, and thought that since the one looked right, I could delete the /dev/md#p1 - not so! Doing that made both disappear
      Images
      • Screenshot 2018-08-14 08.41.52.png

49.9 kB, 619×723, viewed 60 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by bkeadle: formatting ().

• Just a note, you can cut&paste from putty.

Your output of cat /proc/mdstat doesn't show any problems. What is the query detail of md2?
      omv 4.1.13 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • I used a print screen to show the OMV RAID Management screen, along with the putty output.

Correct, the 'cat /proc/mdstat' doesn't show any problems, but what's up with the /dev/md4p1 showing under RAID management? /dev/md4 is an iSCSI block target for a Windows client. I do see that /dev/md4p1 appears under File Systems as an ntfs volume (created by the Windows client), but I didn't expect to see it in either RAID Management or File Systems. Is that normal?
      Images
      • Screenshot 2018-08-14 12.28.34.png

18.07 kB, 601×262, viewed 41 times
      • Screenshot 2018-08-14 12.28.47.png

13.6 kB, 1,005×153, viewed 38 times
      • Screenshot 2018-08-14 12.29.54.png

34.34 kB, 862×388, viewed 45 times
    • bkeadle wrote:

Is that normal?
      It looks like a bug in the raid management display code where it is finding the partition created by Windows.

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
    • I'm seeing the same thing for another iSCSI target to a Linux client, correctly showing it as an ext4 partition.

These appeared after having rebooted, and having done an "mdadm --assemble --scan".

So, this bug is just a presentation issue, and not indicating a problem then? As long as the /dev/md4 shows clean, my mirror is "healthy"?
    • bkeadle wrote:

So, this bug is just a presentation issue, and not indicating a problem then? As long as the /dev/md4 shows clean, my mirror is "healthy"?
      I think it is just presentation based on your other output.