Automount USB memories (and show them up on SMB)

• Hi!

Over time I've built my x86 homemade NAS with openmediavault 4, and I've reached a pretty good overall state with that!

I usually download and transfer a lot of files on that, especially over my several external Hard drives. I mounted my shares through SMB, and is everything working pretty well (copy and pasting files is fast and reliable)

And here is where it come my issues: when I plug in my USB memories peripherals, I have to mount them manually through the OMV webinterface, then I have to move the files manually through shell to the external hard disk (that obviously can't be put on a 'Shared folder' through the OMV interface).

This is pretty horrible, and is getting me very pissed every time I have to copy an serious amount of files in and out my NAS. Is basically my only flaws against a fantastic project I (or I shall say we?) made.

I've searched on the forum for advices, but I've only found an useful thread that talk about a 'usbmount package', but I can't find it on 'Plugins' neither anywhere else.

There is a way to overcome this issue?

There is a way to 'automount' USB hard drives ( and consequently share them automatically over SMB)?

• Offizieller Beitrag

but I've only found an useful thread that talk about a 'usbmount package', but I can't find it on 'Plugins' neither anywhere else.

It is a Debian package not a plugin. You would install it from the command line.

There is a way to overcome this issue?

the usbbackup plugin would rsync your usb stick to a shared folder. That is about as close as you will get with a plugin.

There is a way to 'automount' USB hard drives ( and consequently share them automatically over SMB)?

Not really.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The usbmount package was very useful to me and I recommended it highly back in the days of OMV 2.x and 3.x.

However, with the arrival of OMV 4.x which is based on Debian Stretch, usbmount was rendered broken. Some Stretch users have posted workarounds that supposedly made the package whole again, but this is not the case, and the package is not available in any Debian Stretch repositories.

You might try this solution and see if it works:

https://github.com/raamsri/automount-usb

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!