Planned upgrade to OMV

• Hi there,

Quick question regarding my planned over haul of my server.

I started running OMV aver 4 years ago and set up my first RAID. The project went smooth and the OS running ever since with no issues. I decided it was time to look in to updating to a newer version of OMV. I would like to know what considerations I need to make with regards to my RAID drives and data on them when doing this update. Can i simply pull the data drives out, install the new OS, configure it then reinstall the drives and have OMV see them as they do now?

I know my way around a computer enough to get in and (sometimes) out of trouble but having only dealt with RAID this one time was curious on the process.

Thanks in advance

Brad

Model: Revocenter
    CPU: Intel Atom CPU D525 1.8GHz
    Ram: 2G
    Raid 5

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is what I would do:

• make a backup of your system drive (just in case you have to go back)
    • make sure all your plugins are available in OMV 4 (OMV-extras)
    • make screenshots of your configuration; additionally safe config.xml for reference, if you like
    • shut down server
    • unplug your data drive
    • install OMV
    • plug in your data drive
    • star up the server (OMV should autodetect the RAID)
    • do the configuration

Remark: a lot or users prefer to use plex in a docker rather than using the plugin (I use still the plugin, though), I am afraid ryecoaaron might drop the plugin soon

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!