2 issues after installing OMV on HC1

• OMV 4.x
    • Resolved
    • 2 issues after installing OMV on HC1

1) followed a video. step by step. saw the device on router list.
      2) COULD NOT see storage by any computer on the network. (1 hardwired to router) other 1 is wifi. (3 - wifi channels. but I figured it should be seen by all 3 channels since HC1 is hardwired into router.
      THOSE 2 MACHINES ARE WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL AND WINDOWS 10+ VERY NEW. I OPENED SHARED NETWORK AREA ON BOTH AND CAN SEE EACH OTHER.
      3) AFTER CREATING ALL USERS/PASSWORDS - I FORGOT ""ADMIN""" PASSWORD. LOL Do I have to RE-INSTALL OMV and starl OVER? or is there back door to get admin password back or restored or REPLACED.?

The post was edited 2 times, last by newbieHC1HC2: FLMAXY's link takes you to www.mediafire.com!! cloud services company. what is putty? I am totally new to this environment. I will read a "good" link if there is a fix for my situation. this link is bad.. as I mentioned earlier. thx ().

• 2 issues after installing OMV on HC1

newbieHC1HC2 wrote:

3) AFTER CREATING ALL USERS/PASSWORDS - I FORGOT ""ADMIN""" PASSWORD. LOL Do I have to RE-INSTALL OMV and starl OVER? or is there back door to get admin password back or restored or REPLACED.?
      Use Putty to ssh in your machine. Use omv-firstaid to reset the password for GUI access.

This Guide is very helpfull:
      New User Guide - Getting Started with Openmediavault

newbieHC1HC2 wrote:

2) COULD NOT see storage by any computer on the network. (1 hardwired to router) other 1 is wifi. (3 - wifi channels. but I figured it should be seen by all 3 channels since HC1 is hardwired into router.
      THOSE 2 MACHINES ARE WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL AND WINDOWS 10+ VERY NEW. I OPENED SHARED NETWORK AREA ON BOTH AND CAN SEE EACH OTHER.
      Try to use the IP adress.
      There are also some SMB threads related to this in the forum
      Odroid HC2 - armbian - Seagate ST4000DM004 - OMV4.x
      Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV4.x
      :!: Backup - Solutions to common problems - OMV setup videos - OMV4 Documentation - user guide :!:
    • The link is ok. You need to download the PDF by clicking on the big green button in the top right corner

In the guide you will find explanations about putty and how to use it.

Also these videos are very helpful:
      Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced
      Odroid HC2 - armbian - Seagate ST4000DM004 - OMV4.x
      Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV4.x
      :!: Backup - Solutions to common problems - OMV setup videos - OMV4 Documentation - user guide :!: