Mount CIFS-Share on dreambox

• Hello,

I have two OMV-servers, one running with the newest stable version 4.1.8.2-1 ("Arrakis") and the other one with 2.2.14 (Stone Burner) since it's a 32Bit system. I have created a folder "dreambox" shared with CIFS on both systems which I'd like to mount on my dreambox (dm800se running Newnigma2 v4.0.1 0201-40-50). But, I can only mount the folder from the old system on the dreambox, when I try to mount the newer one I get a "permission denied".
    Both folders are configured in the same way, and I can mount both of them on my Linux system (Linux MINT 18), so, I'd supposed that maybe somethhing's changed in the default CIFS parameters from Stone Burner to Arrakis which prevents the dreambox from mounting the folder on the Arrakis system?
    Unfortunately, there's no logging info on the OMV system, all SMB logs in /var/log/samba are empty - and on the dreambox, all I can find is

"[2369961.626000] Status code returned 0xc000006d NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
    [2369961.627000] CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -13"

The command I'm using to mount the share on the DM is "mount -t cifs //<omv-host>/dreambox /mnt -o rw,user=****,password=****", but as said, this works only for the older system, but not for the new one. I've also tried without a password on the command line, supposing it would ask for a password - but that does not happen, it states "Permission denied" immediately after issuing the command, without asking anything.

Any help is appreciated since I'd like to use the new box as a remote multimedia storage for the dreambox, and switch of the old one.

Best regards and many thanks for help,

Harald

• Offizieller Beitrag

he other one with 2.2.14 (Stone Burner) since it's a 32Bit system

OMV 4.x works just fine on 32 bit systems. There just isn't an ISO to install it.

this works only for the older system, but not for the new one. I've also tried without a password on the command line, supposing it would ask for a password - but that does not happen, it states "Permission denied" immediately after issuing the command, without asking anything.

The dreambox must be trying to smbv1 or auth'ing using an older auth method. You could try adding ntlm auth = yes to the samba extra options.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hello ryecoaaron,

many thanks for your fast reply which pointed me in the right direction.
    ntlm_auth=yes itself didn't help, but I played a bit with the sec-option, and it turned out that sec=ntlmssp did the trick. So, I ended up with the following command which mounted the share without any problems:

mount -t cifs //<omv-host>/dreambox <mountpoint> -o rw,user=***,password=***,sec=ntlmssp

And, regarding the 32bit machine, this was just my first approach to try OMV since I had an old 32Bit box lyin' around - the 64Bit system will replace it, so it's ok to have it running with the old version until it's replaced.

I'm marking this thread as solved, again many thanks for the quick and reliable support!

Have a nice hackin',

Harald

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!