Best silent micro ATX case?

• Hi everyone!I'm looking for a case for my NAS.The most important thing is that has to be silent and has 6 HDD's slots.Other than that I want it to be small if possible since it's a nas/media server and I already have a micro ATX motherboard.
    I found 3 cases for now:

• Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 80€ -> not exactly the best looking case, but it's the only one with sound dampening everywhere;
    • Fractal Design node 804 100€ -> smallest one, and it also has a classic NAS form factor;
    • Coolermaster N300 45€ (since it's cheap I'll buy 2 noctua and change the fans)

Can you suggest me other cases? As I said, I value the silence over everything else.

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Is there some reason you can't run a headless server and place it somewhere it can't be heard?

Mine is in my gun safe.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Is there some reason you can't run a headless server and place it somewhere it can't be heard?

Mine is in my gun safe.

Sadly yes :/ My home is old and I don't have ethernet plug everywhere.

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• I don't have ethernet everywhere either. But this was important enough to me that I ran a cable for it.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Sadly I can't ran more cables :/ the two cables that I have is all what I can have :(

• What about wireless?

What about ethernet over powerline?

--

• Can you suggest me other cases? As I said, I value the silence over everything else.

I am using a Fractal Design Define Mini, which looks nearly as the Nanoxia ... it has the same noice dampening and it is very very silent.
    Only the (blue) LED around the Powerbutton is way to bright. But I you have the option not to connect the power led calble.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!